6 and a half stone down- comparison pics!

Options

Replies

• reluctanthippie
    reluctanthippie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great difference! You look so healthy and beautiful :)

Congratulations, and keep up all your hard work. Definitely gave me my dose of inspiration for today.
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration - it's so good to see other people's success stories. I have just finished Phase One of my journey and reached my first goal of 4stone which I lost since Jan 3rd 2012. Phase Two is 4 more stone by my birthday on November 5th.

For our overseas friends: 1 stone = 14lb. Wish I knew why it was called a stone too - I think deep in my recessed memory it's something to do with grindstones or millstones in the old days.......
  • zammex
    zammex Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    that is amazing. you look great!
  • lisaishotpink
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look amazing! One day I hope to have the success you have had! =)
  • melissab6968
    melissab6968 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You are quite an inspiration!
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Found it:
    History (United Kingdom)

The name "stone" derives from the use of stones for weights - a practice that dates back into antiquity. The ancient Hebrew Law against the carrying of "diverse weights, a large and a small"[2] is more literally translated as "you shall not carry a stone and a stone (אבן ואבן), a large and a small". There was no "standard" stone in the ancient Jewish world[3] but in Roman times weights that were crafted to an exact multiple of the Roman libra (pounds of 327.54 g)[4] used in commerce were often made of stone. During the Middle Ages, a good-sized rock was chosen as a local standard for weighing agricultural commodities, but its actual weight varied with the commodity and region. By the late Middle Ages, international trade such as England’s exportation of raw wool to Florence necessitated a fixed standard - in 1389 a royal statute by Edward III fixed the stone of wool at 14 lbs.[5]

In the United Kingdom potatoes were traditionally sold in stone and half-stone (14-pound and 7-pound, respectively) increments, but the Oxford English Dictionary contains examples including the following.[6]
  • pbangle
    pbangle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!
  • kingkong247
    kingkong247 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Found it:
    History (United Kingdom)

The name "stone" derives from the use of stones for weights - a practice that dates back into antiquity. The ancient Hebrew Law against the carrying of "diverse weights, a large and a small"[2] is more literally translated as "you shall not carry a stone and a stone (אבן ואבן), a large and a small". There was no "standard" stone in the ancient Jewish world[3] but in Roman times weights that were crafted to an exact multiple of the Roman libra (pounds of 327.54 g)[4] used in commerce were often made of stone. During the Middle Ages, a good-sized rock was chosen as a local standard for weighing agricultural commodities, but its actual weight varied with the commodity and region. By the late Middle Ages, international trade such as England’s exportation of raw wool to Florence necessitated a fixed standard - in 1389 a royal statute by Edward III fixed the stone of wool at 14 lbs.[5]

In the United Kingdom potatoes were traditionally sold in stone and half-stone (14-pound and 7-pound, respectively) increments, but the Oxford English Dictionary contains examples including the following.[6]

Haha thank you for this!:flowerforyou:
  • kingkong247
    kingkong247 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wow Good job!!! Now keep it off!! ;)
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Love the smile! You made my day!
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    OMG, thats amazing! Well done. :)
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Very nice!:flowerforyou:
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Amazing stuff phone cover twin! I hope one day to be your weight loss twin!
    You've done so well, you really inspire me.x
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    Way to go!
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look fantastic!
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You made my day! congratulation
  • Renee902
    Renee902 Posts: 1
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Way to work hard! You look great!
  • donnakay52
    donnakay52 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Amazing job! Congratulations.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!