Cardio in apartments!

Options
Well, I live in an apartment and am constantly looking for exercise videos and things of that nature that I can do in my apartment without spending loads of cash or disturbing my neighbors. Anyone have any suggestions?

I already go for long walks and jog a couple times a week, but sometimes it's just to hot or rainy out, it'd be nice to have an indoor option that would work!

Thanks for the help in advance!!

Replies

• Cook316
    Cook316 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am in the same situation. Looking for exercises to do at home! I have found the easiest ones are doing press-up's and sit up's along with Jumping Jacks. These can be done anywhere. Also if you have stairs in your building, walking up and down them (or up and down one step) is a good way to burn off calories.

Hope this helps,

Chris.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    Hi,

I am in the same situation. Looking for exercises to do at home! I have found the easiest ones are doing press-up's and sit up's along with Jumping Jacks. These can be done anywhere. Also if you have stairs in your building, walking up and down them (or up and down one step) is a good way to burn off calories.

Hope this helps,

Chris.

I do run my stairs often, but jumping jacks and things like that are out of the question for me to do in my apartment, my neighbors would hate me jumping on their heads. lol
  • mrsknash
    mrsknash Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Hope this helps,

Chris.

I do run my stairs often, but jumping jacks and things like that are out of the question for me to do in my apartment, my neighbors would hate me jumping on their heads. lol

How about doing the jumping jacks on the stairwell landing, or in the lobby?! Where there's a will, there's a way. :-)
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    Hi,

Hope this helps,

Chris.

How about doing the jumping jacks on the stairwell landing, or in the lobby?! Where there's a will, there's a way. :-)

The stairwell leading to my door is rather narrow, probably not safe to do jumping jacks there.
    I'm honestly looking more for Video exercise routines that I can do. Something different that I can do inside
  • cameralinds
    cameralinds Posts: 239
    Options
    Super thankful I live on the bottom floor of the apartment complex...

Try circuit training! Jillian Michael's videos are pretty grreat - not a whole lot of jumping and stuff that would disturb neighbors and you'll get in a great workout.
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Have you tried dancing? That could be a good option and it may not bother your neighbors as much as long as you're not jumping.
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation. I live in a condo on the top floor, so doing plyometrics/jumping around is out of the question. So, I did buy a stationary bike but also modify some other things. For jumping jacks, I do the same arm movements but alternate feet so I'm stepping out and in on each side. Its definitely not the same level as if I did full jumping jacks, but does help. Walking/marching in place or even just putting on some music and dancing around helps, too.
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Try circuit training! Jillian Michael's videos are pretty grreat - not a whole lot of jumping and stuff that would disturb neighbors and you'll get in a great workout.

I was going to say Insanity, but there is a significant amount of jumping in it. Tae-bo or the Jillian Michaels stuff would work.
  • jacque1129
    jacque1129 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i do leslie sansone's walk at home (with weights) program. i found it at walmart, only $10! and all you need is 2-3lbs hand weights.
  • HealthyBride5_3_13
    Options
    I love the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos :) they're not too expensive and they're easy to find on Amazon.com
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I have been enjoying Jillian Micheals Kickboxing Fast Fix. A lot of kicks, but not a ton of jumping around. Shouldn't make too much noise! It's only $10 at Walmart
  • hopeandlove91
    hopeandlove91 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is great, but there is quite a bit of jumping jacks and what not.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options

Thank you!

You're very lucky, when we move we are looking for an apartment on the bottom!
    I will look into finding those video's!
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options

I was going to say Insanity, but there is a significant amount of jumping in it. Tae-bo or the Jillian Michaels stuff would work.

I was looking into doing insanity but I figured it wouldn't be a good idea where I currently live :(
  • jocelyn1990
    Options
    I live in an apartment as well. If you have a wii or x box there are tons of work out games that way. with the xbox connect it registers your whole body for an awesome work out. its quiet and not a lot of jumping around. Stairs are a great way to go as well. Also try going to thrift or used stores for video workouts. At places like goodwill or value village there are tons of them for less than 10$
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yea, Jillian Michaels has been pretty good. And I'm pretty sure if you're only spending 20-40 minutes doing exercise and only some of it results in a little noise making, your neighbours might be a tad more forgiving. (Unless they're old and just need an excuse to complain :P) I do Jillian's Ripped in 30 and there's moves like 'fast feet' and a few other jumps but within 20 minutes you're only spending some time between regular planted feet activities doing actual jumping.
  • Mommy2Avaj
    Mommy2Avaj Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I too live in an apt. My fav indoor exercise is belly dancing. Quit laughing :) I looked up Belly dancing with the goddess on YouTube, and watched about 4 of her short videos. Then I put this moves to my music. Awesome abs and buns exercise, and it gets your blood pumping!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I live in an apartment as well. If you have a wii or x box there are tons of work out games that way. with the xbox connect it registers your whole body for an awesome work out. its quiet and not a lot of jumping around. Stairs are a great way to go as well. Also try going to thrift or used stores for video workouts. At places like goodwill or value village there are tons of them for less than 10$

I have an Xbox and used to play DDR ( dance dance revolution ) on it a lot, I lost LOADS of weight with that while having fun, but too much jumping for an apartment, and Kinect is just too expensive for me, plus my living room is pretty small :(
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I've been doing kettle bell workouts and they are quite quiet - more squatting and swinging than jumping. I use 10 minute solution kettlebell workouts.