I joined a gym

Options
busymom74
busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
YAY! I kept saying I would and I kept putting it off. I had a terrible day yest. and was about to put it off yet again but I went in looked around and signed up. The staff there is AMAZING. He was so helpful. It is so crazy cheap too. Open 24 hrs, tanning, they have machines I've never even seen before! It's between my FT job and my PT job and it's close enough to home. :happy: I'm so excited. (my fiance signed up with me too.)

We signed up for the 2 year contract, we get one month free, if we are injured we can take months "off" without payment with a dr's note. It is just amazing!

I'm putting this in success because after the day I had yesterday I'm proud of myself for doing something positive about it.

Oh, and I drove right by the DQ and it's yucky teenager germs. :wink:

Replies

• re_define
    re_define Posts: 39
    Options
    Congrats! :happy: That's so exciting. I don't really have a lot of options gym wise around my area so I joined the Gold's Gym here back in Feb and it definitely kick started my weight loss. I don't feel the same without starting my morning there. So warning, you might find yourself addicted! lol
  • busymom74
    Options
    :laugh: I think I already am addicted. I told myself I'd take it slow so I don't burn out but I want to leave work early to go now!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yes! It gets very addicting! :laugh:
    And you feel the differeence when you don't go. :grumble:

BRAVO to you & your man for making the leap! :flowerforyou: :love:
    How awesome your healthy life together will be! :love:
  • coolviolet73
    Options
    Congratulations!! Joining a gym is a big step towards getting fitter and healthier, and can be a bit intimidating to boot. If your gym offers free sessions with a personal trainer, I suggest taking advantage of them. I was kinda doing my own thing at first, and the trainer really gave me good direction and suggestions for making the most out of my gym time. Best of luck to you!! Hope that you love it as much as I do!!
  • busymom74
    Options
    It's really exciting. We were only there for like 20 min after we got registered so I tried a bit of everything. Oh man the eliptical kicked my butt!!

They have FREE personal training when you buy the 2 year plan. (Which is what we got yay!) They also have free Zumba classes and shadow boxing and others too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!