Ugh....landlords!

Options
GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
and I am not talking about my landlord (he's great!) I'm talking about the owner of the house next to mine. A couple of days ago she took it upon herself to cut down a thorny shrub and throw the branches into my back yard- and here's the part that made me REALLY mad :explode: she told my 9 year old who was playing outside "Tell your mom if she has a problem with it, I'm right here!" like she was calling me out for a fight or something! Now this woman is about sixty something years old, you'd think she would be more mature! Now I'm stuck with a pile of branches with thorns an inch long in my back yard, and I don't feel as if I should have to clean it.

What kind of person fights their battles through a nine year old child? Right now, I feel like taking one of those big-*kitten* branches and putting it through her Escalade's windshield, javelin-style. But I refuse to get caught up in the gossip and BS junior high games. I mean, she knows my name but refuses to call me by it, instead I am "that woman who lives next door". ugh, what a b*tch!

rant over- thanks for letting me vent~

Replies

• tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    Ugh!!! RUDE!! I'm all for the branch through the window. >.> HAHAHA
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    how rude, i say throw the branches back over. or next time you see her ask her in the nicest way if she needed help pruning and if that was why she threw them in your yard?
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    As I've always told my kid's (although most times ignored me) KILL her with kindness!!! It REALLY is hard to be a ***** to someone when they are always nice to you!!!!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    unbelieveable! :noway: :noway: :mad:

do you have a HOA? maybe you could just report her to someone instead of doing something back to her that would make her retaliate even more?

what a crabby haateful woman!!! :noway:
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    how rude, i say throw the branches back over. or next time you see her ask her in the nicest way if she needed help pruning and if that was why she threw them in your yard?

I would do that but I don't want to create problems with the neighbors. I'm trying to get along with everyone but when people are being cowards and a**holes it's hard! There's no HOA to report to either, so I'm going to call code enforcement and see what they have to say. I'm going to find a legal but devious way to get back at her!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Fill water balloons with grass killer and let the kiddo toss a few into her yard :)

(I did not just recommend that, btw.:wink: )
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

I would do that but I don't want to create problems with the neighbors. I'm trying to get along with everyone but when people are being cowards and a**holes it's hard! There's no HOA to report to either, so I'm going to call code enforcement and see what they have to say. I'm going to find a legal but devious way to get back at her!

Good for you! I like the branch through the window too but I know that's not the way to go. :grumble: Good luck to you and good for you for setting a good example for your daughter. :flowerforyou: Although I still like the branch through the window. :devil: :laugh:
  • Mrsfun44
    Mrsfun44 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like the branch through the window too. Why don't you call your landlord and ask him to either have her remove it or he remove it himself as it's his property, not yours.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I like the branch through the window too. Why don't you call your landlord and ask him to either have her remove it or he remove it himself as it's his property, not yours.

This is true. It's your landlord's dispute with her.... not actually your dispute.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'll bet she thinks they are your shrubs? Do you know where the property line is?
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    Good for you for venting instead of retaliating! She sounds like a crabby, miserable old lady. If I were you I would thank my lucky stars for leading a much more joyful life than she does and let this one slide :flowerforyou:
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    I'll bet she thinks they are your shrubs? Do you know where the property line is?

The property line is delineated by a chain link fence. The shrub was on her side of the fence and some of the branches hung over on my side, so I guess that's why she thought it was OK to throw the stuff in my yard.
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    Good for you for venting instead of retaliating! She sounds like a crabby, miserable old lady. If I were you I would thank my lucky stars for leading a much more joyful life than she does and let this one slide :flowerforyou:

I guess she doesn't realize that the more she complains the longer God will let her live- at this rate she'll be around forever!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Rude people suck.

My first reaction: gather all the stuff she put in your yard and toss it back into hers.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I would call the police. This is what's refered to as 'malicious mischeif' and they can arrest her for it!!!!Tell them what happened, and tell them about what she said to YOUR NINE YEAR OLD GIRL..... watch her tune change when they knock on her front door and deal with her. I wouldn't put up with that crap for a minute.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    burn rubber??:tongue:

Guy at the end of the block is a *kitten*. He now has a beautiful lawn job, thanks to some 4 wheelin' kids in the neighborhood.

:laugh: :laugh:

:frown:

I mean shame on them:blushing:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Were the branches off your bush hanging over her fence? Why would she do that? Is your landlord not keeping your property trimmed and it is encroaching her space? Sounds very strange!
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    Were the branches off your bush hanging over her fence? Why would she do that? Is your landlord not keeping your property trimmed and it is encroaching her space? Sounds very strange!

The bush was in her yard but hanging over into mine. Guess that's why she thought it was OK to dump the stuff in my yard. :ohwell:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options

The bush was in her yard but hanging over into mine. Guess that's why she thought it was OK to dump the stuff in my yard. :ohwell:

I would have my landlord handle it. or call the police. I know when a plant is encroaching on your side you have the right to trim off the offending branches, but when it is the other persons plant throwing it over your fence when it is her plant! Maybe she was removing the plant on her side and did not want to invade your yard to clean up what she cut off? or she had cut it off to remove what was on her side and was not strong enough to pull it back over the fence! Just a thought! That sounds quite bizarre!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options

This is true. It's your landlord's dispute with her.... not actually your dispute.

If GTO's renting the space from a landlord, it's technically her space, therefore it's her beef. The landlord is responsible for mechanical maintenance of the house and property - shrubbery isn't mechanical in nature. Particularly when it isn't shrubbery on THIS side of the fence.:ohwell:

I am the temporary guardian and owner of the property belonging to my landlord via my $550 check every month. I rent a house with a yard, and if my neighbor decided to throw her clippings from her bush, on her side of the fence abutting my yard- into my yard, simply because the branches were hanging over the fence on my side, I'd throw them back over. She's more than welcome to come into my yard to pick up her clippings.

How much do you want to bet that if GTO had taken the initiative and decided arbitrarily to clip the branches hanging over the fence, in her yard, she'd have never heard the end of that either?