Yogurts?

Options
Asharee011
Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
What brand/kind of yogurt do you recommend?

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    If it is store bought.............I will ONLY eat Mountain High Yoghurt (full fat with cream line) or Fage full fat greek yogurt.

I prefer my home made yogurt made from raw dairy.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Fage Greek (I prefer 2%) for a bulk container. This is my go-to yogurt. I cook with it, I eat it regularly, if I don't have it, I'm stressed.

In small containers...
    I love Liberte as a treat (high cal).
    Liberte just started making Greek yogurt - it's tasty and lower cal.
    Brown Cow Maple (comes in a large container or single serve) is great. It's high cal, but I've found I can eat 1/2 cup, with cut up bananas, walnuts and a tablespoon of granola and be full for hours.
    Siggi's (single serve).
    Wallaby (fruit on the bottom is my favorite).
    Stonyfield is good - you can get a large container of low-fat vanilla. They also have a myriad of single-serving flavors. They have a white chocolate raspberry one that is a great dessert.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I asked my dad to pick me up some plain yogurt at the store when he went grocery shopping and he got me a tub of Cabot 10% milkfat Greek-style yogurt. I haven't tried the low fat or fat free version of this product. I'm not a big fan of flavored yogurts anymore, really; I'd rather save money, get a big tub of plain yogurt and flavor it myself with fruit, jam, honey, spices...
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I like Yoplait =)
    Mostly because I can't stand the taste of yogurt plain..Ewwww
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have Fage 0% every evening, but am beginning to wonder if it is somehow better to have the full fat version?
    I have full fat milk, but I tend to have quite a big bowl of yoghurt and don't want to add a load of extra calories unnecessarily.
  • run2jeepn
    run2jeepn Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    NonFat Yogurt..... Fewer Calories, Lower Carbs the Greek ones I have seen. Plus under a Dollar.
  • Jflowwers
    Jflowwers Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Siggis! Its icelandic yogurt, fat free , high protien, LOW SUGAR- the sweeten using agave nectar. A little expensive, but the best nutrion score card on the market.
  • mystinamarie
    mystinamarie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've been getting the quart of Hannaford Taste of Inspirations Non Fat Greek Yogurt in Vanilla. It's really thick and rich, you only need about 1/2 cup (which is 80 calories). They also have a plain, but it's a bit too tangy for my tastes. I pair it with fresh fruit, or sometimes I stir in about a teaspoon of a favorite local jam/jelly to change up the flavor.
  • kristinacottle
    Options
    I just get the Great Value brand... 70-90 calories depending what kind of fruit is in it :) Very yummy too. Nonfat.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I would usually get plain non-fat yogurt and flavor it myself with fruit, nuts, honey, peanutbutter, cocoa...

As single serving I love cascade fresh. It's naturally sweetened but not too high in calories.
  • marapalumbo
    marapalumbo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Homemade yogurt is the best! You can make it less or more tart depending on tast preference and it's so much smoother than store bought. Yum!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'll eat almost any brand, but I try to buy those that have more grams of protein than sugar. Very hard to do, unfortunately. I'll occasionally make my own, as well.
  • kritterxx
    kritterxx Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hands down, yoplait's For Me fat free french vanilla, it's absolutely delish, very low cal, and is low GI! It's just perfect. So good with some cereal and banana and berries, yum.

Added: here's a link to the nutritional information! http://yoplaitforme.com.au/media/39310/single_french-vanilla.jpg
    Not sure if all countries have it though, definitely do here in AU (:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    If you are around a Trader Joes, their european style plain yogurt has great macros: The whole milk version has in 1 cup, 12g protein, 14g carbs and 7g fat. If you are looking for even more virtuous macros, check out their plain kefir!

I love to make a dessert with the yogurt by mixing it with stevia extract powder, a touch of vanilla, and a Tbs of Trader Joes Midnight Moo chocolate syrup:)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Chobani is the only kind I eat. Or Fage plain.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I usually go with Dannon Light and Fit Raspberry (my ultimate favorite), but all flavors are awesome. Especially the Blueberry Acai.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Dannon Oikos Lowfat Greek Yogurt....love that stuff! :)
  • Nurse_Jessica13
    Options
    Kroger carbmaster! Only 4g of carbs and 60 calories!
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I like the oikos greek (traditional plain and I mix sugar free syrups and fruit into it) yogurt 5.3oz single container has
    Calories:80
    Carbs: 6
    protein:15
    I'm diabetic so REALLY watch my carb levels or my blood sugar can sky rocket (well, go up to 150 and that makes me feel horrible)
  • WillPowerYes
    WillPowerYes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I do not eat beef or pork, nor do I eat beef or pork by-products like gelatin. ["Gelatin is a protein substance derived from collagen, a natural protein present in the tendons, ligaments, and tissues of mammals. It is produced by boiling the connective tissues, bones and skins of animals, usually cows and pigs."]. So, I stick to yogurts that DO NOT CONTAIN GELATIN. Label reading is important when it comes to yogurt.