What do you "really" want?

Options
Have you figured out what you really want from your weight loss/health/changing image? Here is what i came up with...please share and consider what you really want.

I want to be free from having my whole life revolve around my weight. I want to live each day enjoying the things I miss by thinking, planning, preparing, avoiding, eating, or not eating, exercising, or not, reading, writing, dreaming, visualizing, regretting ,working towards, striving to, promising to, hoping for, failing to, starting over, trying new, finding reasons, making excuses, temporarily succeeding, and overall taking too many moments of the life I am working towards away from the day I have. I want to be comfortable in my body and use every moment in a way that has meaning and focus on the love an joy around me. I want to play without effort, run without thought or embarrassment. To be me at all times without fear or shame. I want my family to enjoy the same freedom and that my kids won't follow in my footsteps and will feel that they are getting 100% of what their mom has to give. I want to wake up in the morning with energy to spare and nothing holding me back. I want to get dressed in the morning by just choosing a style or color not based on if it makes my body look slimmer or covers up my flawed image. I want to shop in average sizes, maybe even buy a dress without trying it on just because it's pretty. I want to be comfortable in whatever place I might wear that dress. I want to feel comfortable being loved and know that I deserve it. I want to feel safe and secure. I want to be part of the group and not be worried about being judged or rejected. I want my kids to be proud to say that's my mom. I want to see that number finally on the scale, no longer a dream but a reality and to be able to look back at the journey that led me there and be proud. Then I want to continue living each day knowing the right things to do and not have to think about it anymore, and finally LIVE the life I have been trying so hard and so very long to create.

Anyone else?

Replies

• missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i want to look the way i feel in my mind - very strong!
  • hopeandlove91
    hopeandlove91 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Lol. I just posted a blog about this today. This is what I came up with.

When I signed up on MFP my goal truely was to live a healthy life. Yes, I want to lose weight. But should that really be my main focus? I feel like by making my goal a weight loss goal I may be setting my self up for dissappointment and ultimately failure.

So my alternative to weight loss based goals are:
    Do Not Go Over My Daily Calorie Goal (2 "OOPS" Days a Month)
    Workout at Least 30 Minutes a Day
    Finish the 30 Day Shred (19 Days to Go)
    Complete the C25K Program (By September)

I will weigh myself on the 1st of every month to make sure I am not GAINING weight, but other than that I am staying off the scale!

I guess I really just want to feel like I have accomplished something and be proud of myself :)
  • jekwem
    jekwem Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I want people to stop talking about the weight I gained and I really want to be the person I was a year ago.
  • aspen_matthews
    Options
    I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want.....

great, now that's gonna be stuck in my head all day >.>
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Someone asked me today Why? Why am I here? Why do I want this change?Well, I started this journey because I was fed up with feeling sick and tired and having to have IV steroids every 4-6 months to treat my Multiple Sclerosis. The steroids made it easy for me to put on weight which made it easy for me to be a "couch potato." I simply had had enough. I heard two of the girls at work talking about a personal trainer that they both liked and respected. I made a phone and here I am. I started working out with Andrew close to the beginning of February and have lost 30lbs. I am 90% MS symptom free. I want to stay this way. I want to feel comfortable in my own skin again and be stronger than I was in my 20s and early 30s. I no longer want MS to be my excuse to let life pass me by. I walked my first 5k a couple weeks ago and I have my 2nd one planned for June 29 and my goal for that is to run 75% of it. Then I am signed up for the Warrior Dash on August 25. I want to do things I always thought I couldnt do or made excuses for not doing. I want to enjoy my kids. I want to enjoy my life. I want to enjoy my Husband. I want more than just existing. This is why I have turned my family upside down and have started taking time out for myself and making my kids more responsible. My trainer, Andrew, tells people I never quit and I am stubborn. Quit used to be in my vocabulary and it isn't anymore and this is one of the changes since February. I work hard every work out, I have to fight to get through it bc of fatigue in my legs and hips. I wont quit anymore. I have decided no matter what I am worth it! I am worth the effort! I will do this.. :) I know some of you can relate. You are not alone!
  • Michelle650
    Michelle650 Posts: 218
    Options
    I just want to be happy! I no it's a "cliche" but life is too short to be worried about your weight or risking your health for the sake of greediness and laziness! It may seem a bit weird coming from an 18 year old.

I have so many hopes and dreams for my future and I don't want to let my weight issue get in the way of anything! I'm doing my final exams in 4 days and hope to go to university in September and work as a nurse or something else in the health profession.....I wanna be a good example to the patients and not have them go by my saying of, "do as I say, not as I do!"

I wanna travel the world, experience all there is to life. I wanna wear a bikini on a beach and not try and cover up, but flaunt the hot body I worked my *kitten* off for!

I want someone to say I'm pretty and not just friendly and bubbly. My face is very round due to the extra weight

I wanna wear thr normal and fashionable clothes that I love to look at in the stores and not have to pass them by and say "maybe one day I'll wear them!" I also wanna go shopping with my friends and buy something other than a pair of socks with them, because I'm too embarrassed to tell them my size!

I want to be happy and love myself!
    :flowerforyou:
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I want some confidence.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, was this genuine, or sarcasm?

It's a little hard to tell online :)
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I want to get up to a "healthier weight" and gain some muscle and strength and not be such a wussy little weakling anymore!

And I am making some serious efforts to get me a bigger booty and when I'm at maintain level, get my abs better!
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to buy a pair of shorts and actually wear them! I want to be able to tell people that I'm a cheerleader and dancer without having to make a joke about my weight... I want to LOOK like a cheerleader! haha
    I want to be able to wear a swimsuit and tan... I want to be healthy, I want to be strong, I want to be confident.
    I want to be able to look in the mirror and go: "Yeah. You look great!"
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I just want to be happy! I no it's a "cliche" but life is too short to be worried about your weight or risking your health for the sake of greediness and laziness! It may seem a bit weird coming from an 18 year old.

I have so many hopes and dreams for my future and I don't want to let my weight issue get in the way of anything! I'm going my final exams in 4 days and hope to go to university in September and work as a nurse or something else in the health profession.....I wanna be a good example to the patients and not have them go by my saying of, "do as I say, not as I do!"

I wanna travel the world, experience all there is to life. I wanna wear a bikini on a beach and not try and cover up, but flaunt the hot body I worked my asd off for!

I want someone to say I'm pretty and not just friendly and bubbly. My face is very round due to the extra wright!

I wanna wear thr normal and fashionable clothes that I love to look at in the stores and not have to pass them by and say "maybe one day I'll wear them!" I also wanna go shopping with my friends and buy something other than a pair of socks with them, because I'm too embarrassed to tell them my size!

I want to be happy and love myself!
    :flowerforyou:

^^^^ that too!
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I really want to be comfortable in my own skin and to stop comparing myself to thinner women. I'm not sure if I'll ever stop doing that, but maybe someday.

Now...as for outer appearance, I want some nice arms, shoulders, a sexy back, and a lifted booty :)
  • Sprootles
    Sprootles Posts: 16
    Options
    1, I want to feel good again.
    2. I want to look good again.
    3. I want to buy my clothes in the regular section...I hate the plus sized section.
    4. I want to have the energy to play more with my kids.
    5. I want the pain in my knees and heel to stop.
    6. I want to be healthy for my 50's and beyond.
    7. I want to avoid Type 2 Diabetes (my dad has it) and heart disease (his mom had it).
    8. I want to be a good role model for my kids (who are both heavy).
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want.....

great, now that's gonna be stuck in my head all day >.>

Stole my post.

I have the overall goal of never feeling self conscious. Of wanting to be naked because I look so damn good. Of being healthy and active and doing healthy and active things with friends...

But then, I get on the scale, I still haven't broken into the 130's, and I realize that even though I know that number doesn't mean anything... I want it. Even though I'm okay with my current size, I'm busting my *kitten* and not making progress and that is frustrating to me. Then I'm frustrated with myself about being frustrated by some stupid number... But it stands. As much as I hate scale based goals... I have one and not hitting it is causing me unnecessary stress.
  • islandgirl1984
    islandgirl1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am my happiest when I work out consistently and eat healthy. The changes it makes to my body are a great plus and I feel more confident. I think it's a great example to my kids too. They don't see mom having a negative attitude about her body and it encourages them to stay active and practice mindful eating.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    Honestly....

I want a kick-*kitten*, amazing, lean, toned body, that all while I eat whatever I want...but unfortunately that cannot happen.
    I want confidence also, but that can't happen either :/

So i'll just stick to the 'ol healthy eating for now :)
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    Taken directly from my profile:

I felt good at 200 and I want to feel that way again. I had energy and stamina to do the things I like doing, Skiing, bicycling, hiking, geocaching…. I want that energy back.. Of course, getting healthy and not getting Christmas cards from the Pharmacist will be great too! LOL
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I want to be happy with what I see in the mirror.
    Feel the thrill of success or accomplishment with what i have achieved.
    You know stand a little taller with some pride and confidence.