Fibroids...can they cause weight gain and loss?

Options
I have fibroids in my uterus, going to have a hysterectomy in July. They have been bleeding for about two months now. During this time I have not eaten very well, lots of soccer games, grad parties, and struggling with cravings.

I have been loosing and gaining the same 5 pounds for these two months. This week I got back on track, and started eating better again, and gained 2 pounds over the highest ive been lately....just wondering if all of this is from the fibroids????

Replies

• qsusanevans
    Options
    @#$ fibroids.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I think weight gain can cause fibroids. Don't quote me on this but I think the reason I remember hearing was extra fat causes your body to make more estrogen so your uterus goes crazy
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I had my Hysto a year ago due to numerous fibroids. Not immediately but by October I was down 10 lbs and 5% body fat. It was lots of diet and exercise too but I felt just so much better that I could do it. I also had my hormones tested thru saliva testing and I take bioidenticals now to balance. I only missed one day instead of 6 weeks from work like they told me and I was doing light exercise in 3 weeks and running again within a month.