unexplained bruising?

slimmingmom
slimmingmom Posts: 297
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
The other day I found a bruise on the back side of my leg just under my knee...And I have no idea where it came from. I just shrugged it off and just thought about how sometimes you get bruises and don't know how. Well, my thing is, today I was laying on the couch and I went to get up and hubby was sitting next to me and he litterally panicked and asked what in the world happened to your leg. I was going to laugh and just say it was a bruise but I looked at it and it looks sooo terrible now and has some black and purple to it. I mean i've defianlty seen worse bruises but when i say this bruise looks terrible...I mean it looks terrible for not even knowing how it got there. If I did something that was going to give me a bruise like that you would think i'd remember the pain from it?!? THE WEIRD THING IS is that when I touch it, it surprisinly doesn't even hurt like you would think it would. It just has a little tenderness to it, I could suriously push on it has hard as I can and it doesn't hurt? Am I weird for being concerned about this? Has this happned to anyone else?

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I get weird random bruises all the time, so does my daughter. I was wondering if it had something to do with exercise, but they're probably nothing to worry about.

If it's a persistent thing, maybe mention it to your doc next time you see him/her.
  • lld20
    lld20 Posts: 9
    You are not being weird at all. Unexplained bruising can be a sign of a seriouis medical condition. Please make an appointment to see your doctor. Monitor the bruise and if it becomes painful, swollen or warm to the touch please seek immediate medical advice.
  • bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    You may want to go in for a check up to be on the safe side. It could be a pulled or strained muscle thats bruised or a varocose vein starting or it could be a sign your iron levels are low. I bruise easily and many time don't know what caused it. My doctor says alot of that is caused by low iron levels in the blood. So you may want to just go in for a check up and mention it to your doctor but I wouldn't panick to much.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Please go in for a checkup- unexplained bruises that are chronic in nature need to be seen by your doctor.

You could be anemic, having blood clotting issues or internal bleeding issues from medicine.

Please call them asap ok? :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Please go in for a checkup- unexplained bruises that are chronic in nature need to be seen by your doctor.

You could be anemic, having blood clotting issues or internal bleeding issues from medicine.

Please call them asap ok? :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

good to know :frown:
    I just got diagnosed with anemia after trying to tell the doc for a year i thought i have it...i finally demanded blood work, but i didn't realize that unexplained bruises were a symptom...i get those ALL the time on my legs, i never know what from...i never knew there could be a connection

thanks for the insight:flowerforyou:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    i bruise ALL the time, even if someone taps me on the shoulder. and i'm ok. i think i'm just a softy :tongue: , go to the doc only if you're concerned
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    I have always bruised easily and just thought it was normal. I learned that being anemic can cause it and not getting enough vitamin B12.
This discussion has been closed.