if i worked out extra today.

Options
if i burned 400 calories tonight so i had 400 calories extra today.. could i technically use them to go over tomorrow? im gonna go on a trip for two days and i know tomorrow will be hard to stay at 1270 calories. I know your body doesnt understand days and its all relative but it would be much easier to burn 400 cals today instead of tomorrow if that makes sense.

Replies

• LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. As long as yo keep track of things, it's no different to your body, really.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really work like that, you don't "bank" calories for another day, that being said 400 calories is really not much in the grand scheme of things. If you go over one day, just try and hit your numbers the next day, you'll body will compensate and take care of it. Don't get stuck in a yo-yo effect where you're going low, then going high , then low...if you have a bad day or two, let them stay in the past and clean up the following days :)

Try not to get bogged down in the minutiae of calories in and out, stay in a range and make 90% of your day goods and 10% not so good, that way it's a lifestyle that you can continue over the long term.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yep. I do that sometimes when I have a special event coming up. I work out a bit extra when I know I want to have some drinks or a special meal and save a few calories for a couple of days before.... enjoy!
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers lets you earn "activity points" that you can use later on, I don't see why not, it's the same idea.
  • choface
    choface Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    well i already researched dinner and the lowest calorie thing is like 900 calories. so either i eat half or only have 370 for the rest of the day. i figured this is more of an emergency one time nonstarvation mode thing so if i have 400 extra cals than i have 770 for the day and be good.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers lets you earn "activity points" that you can use later on, I don't see why not, it's the same idea.

They also have extra 'weekly points' that you can save for special events or evenly space them over a week. A few people on here count their calories over week rather than daily. Some people do really well with high and low days (otherwise known as calorie cycling...).
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It's not really day-by-day that matters (I mean, it does, but it's not rigid) - instead take a look at your weekly totals. If your week averages are where they should be, then you're good.
  • choface
    choface Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    thanks yall!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    And that was my point :) It's one day, don't get into carb, calorie cycling just because of one day :) It's a long term way of life,