Guy Question... Any Input Welcome...

Options
So, it has recently come to my attention that a guy I go to school with is interested in me (whether it be for a one night stand or something more, I'm not sure yet - we talk a decent amount via text messages, but not so much the last couple of days). Anyway, this guy has a 6-pack and is EXTREMELY good looking. I became friends with him around November and have maintained that friendship.

Basically, why would a guy that good looking go after someone that's minimum 50lbs overweight? He can do so much better and it's not even a matter of my confidence, it just doesn't make sense to me. I've just been going with it since he's nice to me and makes me feel great and makes me laugh when we do talk. I just don't get it... help!

Replies

• Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    This post makes me really sad. Lose that attitude right away, you are a beautiful girl. It's obvious why he would be attracted to you, but it's sad that you don't see it that way.

Learn to love yourself more!!!
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    Personality....sense of humor (yours on both accounts) you are cute, I say go for it
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Personality....sense of humor (yours on both accounts) you are cute, I say go for it

This :) 100%....take a leap and go for it girl!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Lose that attitude right away, you are a beautiful girl.

Amen!

Your weight doesn't make you YOU. You are more than just a number on a scale.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    So, it has recently come to my attention that a guy I go to school with is interested in me (whether it be for a one night stand or something more, I'm not sure yet - we talk a decent amount via text messages, but not so much the last couple of days). Anyway, this guy has a 6-pack and is EXTREMELY good looking. I became friends with him around November and have maintained that friendship.

Basically, why would a guy that good looking go after someone that's minimum 50lbs overweight? He can do so much better and it's not even a matter of my confidence, it just doesn't make sense to me. I've just been going with it since he's nice to me and makes me feel great and makes me laugh when we do talk. I just don't get it... help!

HE CAN DO SO MUCH BETTER BUT ITS NOT A MATTER OF CONVIDENCE? THEN WHAT IS IT?
  • SirRunningShorts
    SirRunningShorts Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Agreed with posted above... what makes you think you are not just as good if not a better catch? You have a lot to offer and don't ever think that you are anything less.

Now let me tell you about a 6 pack... It is nice to look at but he could be a self absorbed jerk. He could be a poor or selfish lover...

Just remember that you are worthy and precious. He is lucky to have your attention.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Maybe cause you are gorgeous? But hey.. I'm a guy.. what do I know right? :)
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Who cares he likes you and is a good guy go for it lol its not like its never happened before.
    Enjoy
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Wow there are sooooo many other things involved in a person than weight!
    Ummm there are even other LOOKS he could be interested in.
    Maybe he likes bigger girls?
    That's just looks!

Personality? Intelligence? Friendliness?
    I don't know you, I don't know what he likes, but obviously there is something.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    You are super cute and look great, wonderful curves! You have a great smile as well!!
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    Honey do not question it. Take it from me...My husband is nothing but muscle...like literally he has about 5% body fat, from what his doctor said that is about the body fat of an olympic athlete....when we swim and he holds his breath under water...he sinks. He has thee most amazing body I have ever seen on a man...so well proportioned and rippled but not over so that he looks like a meat head....but he picked me! we have been married for 6 years together 10 and even at 240 lbs that man could not keep his hands off of me. so trust me don't question it...just go with it...have fun and if it turns to something more then yay! if not well at least you know that you are pretty enough, funny enough, smart enough, and a great enough person to get whom ever you like :wink:
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I agree with many of of the posters...he likes you for you....go out with him see how things roll and if he isn't what you thought then no harm no foul. From what I see you are a pretty gal....go for it!
  • stephgreene
    stephgreene Posts: 143
    Options
    i PROMISE i wasn't fishing for compliments (but thanks guys you made me blush :flowerforyou: ) and okokokok you all caught me it's a confidence thing... and I promise he really is a nice guy from what I've known of him for the last 7 months I've been friends with him... just so nerve wracking! I'm terrible with boys.... not that you all couldn't already have figured that out...
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Yeap. Contrary to popular belief, there are millions of us that are not interested in what's going on between your legs, but what's going on between your eyes. Attraction is not as simply as the physical, despite what the youth of today and American modern culture would have you believe. Don't let your self-doubt ruin a potentially good thing. There is no harm in getting to know him deeper and developing something that clearly the both of you value. How sad that something so real has to be tainted by our own superficial past experiences? Good luck kiddo :)
  • cohophysh
    Options
    i PROMISE i wasn't fishing for compliments (but thanks guys you made me blush :flowerforyou: ) and okokokok you all caught me it's a confidence thing... and I promise he really is a nice guy from what I've known of him for the last 7 months I've been friends with him... just so nerve wracking! I'm terrible with boys.... not that you all couldn't already have figured that out...

just relax and be yourself, if he really digs you, you will know...and now a days, nothing wrong with the woman making the first move.
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    girl he likes you FOR YOU! don't question it. accept it and be proud of it!
  • stephgreene
    stephgreene Posts: 143
    Options

just relax and be yourself, if he really digs you, you will know...and now a days, nothing wrong with the woman making the first move.

he more than made the first move... more than once haha! but, we live an hour away from each other for the summer so we obviously have to be committed on some level if we're going to actually see each other. time will tell i guess
  • cohophysh
    Options
    I live in the middle of no where so an hour really isn't that far for me...and if you really want to be together, you will figure out a way to make it work...good luck!
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    This post makes me really sad. Lose that attitude right away, you are a beautiful girl. It's obvious why he would be attracted to you, but it's sad that you don't see it that way.

Learn to love yourself more!!!

Agreed. It's clear that you bring a lot to the table. Maybe you don't recognize those great qualities because they are the norm for you, but I'm sure any guy would be lucky to have you. You seem like such a sweetheart, so I don't doubt that he would like you. Go for it and take a chance. If it doesn't work out, there are plenty of fish in the sea!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    You look fairly good looking to me. BTW, while physical attraction is clearly a factor in attraction, its not the only factor (and alot of times, not even a significant factor). My ex was technically way out of my league. A girl I'm seeing nowadays is also out of my league (looks-wise). However, I know better than to ask them the question of WHY they're with me. I just believe its fate and there must be something they saw in me. I stuck around for more than their looks also, I actually like spending time with them (which this fella you talking about also seems to).

tl;dr: Stop questioning yourself. Unless its your money he's after, no real reason to dig around WHY he's attracted to you imo