c25k

Options
Hi all. I've recently started the c25k programme. I log it in as 8 min jogging and 12 min brisk walk (1st week)
and my calories burnt came up to about 150. Just curious to know how you guys log it and how much do
you burn?:happy:

Replies

• Leahh999
    Leahh999 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Do you do it outside or on a treadmill?
  • wendytc
    wendytc Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    try using the runkeeper ap that is on available on Android and iPhones. It tracks your total workout.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I always logged the jogging and walking portions separately, too. It had the added benefit that now I can look through my exercise diary and follow my c25k journey, which is kind of neat when i'm feeling discouraged. It's good to look back and how how you slowly progressed and came so far. I know that some people just average the MPH and log it that way, too, though. I added little notes at the bottom of a lot of my runs, too-if my asthma acted up, if my knee was bothering me, etc. As I was able to run longer, I started tracking my mileage and time, too.

I don't have a fancy phone or Ipod that uses apps. I just do it old school, map my run to decide where i'm going with whatever mileage i'm doing that day, and then head out with a stopwatch to time it lol.
  • TamaraHaase
    TamaraHaase Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I actually enter it in as C25K and enter in the cals burned manually. I use a heart rate monitor. For week two, the last couple of days I have were for 29 minutes at 278 calories and 25 minutes, 228 calories. But I also don't always just stop with the timer, as you can see by the varying times.
  • muddertrucker3
    muddertrucker3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 5 of c25k and I log the run and walking seperately as well. I have mapmyrun app on my droid and i sometimes have that running as well, that will track your distance and time and pace, so it's nice. Good luck! :)
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I use MapMyRun on my Droid, it tracks my average speed. Then I log my time at the average speed....minus 10 minutes or so because I'd rather be under tracked than over. Lol
  • Araucaria29
    Araucaria29 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    265 Cals for 25 mins this morning. I use my HRM. And of course it would also depend on your weight, among other things.
  • nazashi
    nazashi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Leah999 - i do it outside, wish I have a treadmill though!
  • ldg323
    ldg323 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just started week 2. I track the walking and running separately also. I use an app called map my walk on my phone. Hoping to someday run more than walk and then I can get the map my run.......... LOL
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    My app had my calories burned calculated based on my paces. I created my own exercise; C25K and always logged it under that.
  • Candoall
    Candoall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just started today...W1D1, home treadmill, 200 calories in 30 mins.
    This thread is helpful because i am looking to journal my walks/jogs/runs.
    Will look into the android apps!
  • PrettynWitty12
    PrettynWitty12 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just started today...W1D1, home treadmill, 200 calories in 30 mins.
    This thread is helpful because i am looking to journal my walks/jogs/runs.
    Will look into the android apps!

I just started today too! Yay to all of us, we'll be up and runnin' in no time :)
  • CarrieMyPhilos
    CarrieMyPhilos Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started this today too! Literally got back in the door about twenty minutes ago. Still not sure how to log it though; I don't have a heart rate monitor, and I just used the c25k pro app on my phone - so I'm not sure what my pace was. I ran 7 out of the 8 times I was supposed to, and kept a good walking pace the rest of the time... suggestions for how to calculate?