Any Crossfit People? I Have a Few Questions.

Options
So. I have made it my goal to lose 65 pounds by November 26th. This is how much I will have to lose to get down to 200 pounds. I have made it my goal that when I get down to 200 pounds I am going to join Crossfit. It's something that I so desperately want to do. My question is, is 200 pounds too big to join? If you're not able to do everything will they help you condition yourself to eventually be able to do the moves. I really want to eventually join CF because I want to get into the best shape of my life. So, I guess my main question is, is 200 pounds too big to join Crossfit?

Replies

• JustQue
    JustQue Posts: 157
    Options
    I say no you are not too big. If you have a good instructor/trainer, they will watch you and make sure you are doing what's comfortable for your size, level, etc. It is intense but def worth it. Let me know if you have any other questions. Q
  • momwow1414
    Options
    Join! you will love it! Your coach will modify the WODs to suit your fitness level.
    Talk with him or her and they will guide you. They will push you hard. You will think "This person
    has no idea that I just cannot do this" You will be wrong... I promise, and in a few months you
    will know exactly what I mean. You can do it! It may take a bit longer or with less weights - but I promise
    you... you can do a WOD (work out of the day).
    I have been crossfitting for 4 months now and I feel great! Please do not expect pounds
    to just fall off. You are going to build muscle that replaces the fat. I have lost 8 inches
    in four months and only lost 5 pounds!
    I met a woman that had been crossfitting for 3 years. We are the same height. She is half
    my body size and we weigh the same. It's NUTS! We weigh the same and she looks fab!!!
    The way I look at it is: I have had 30 extra pounds on me for 8 years now and it is not
    going to fall off in a couple months.
    Stick with it, you will love it! You will become addicted to it! You'll be surprised
    how addicted to "pain" you will become! (GOOD PAIN!)
    Also remember the only way to shake off the soreness is to workout!! Crazy, but true!!
    I hope you join or have already joined!!!
  • msfofo80
    msfofo80 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am WELL OVER 200 lbs did I say WELL??? I do Crossfit. I did it for 5 months last year and I never felt stronger! I am just now getting back into it again. I have to modify some things like I do assisted pull ups and assisted dips BUT I work my butt off!!!! I would find a good Crossfit gym and they will help you! I was 330 lbs the first time I did the Fight Gone Bad WOD. I thought I was going to die BUT I did it!!!! My brother is a certified Crossfit Trainer and he sends me my WODS every week for M, W & F. I say try it!