Its Friday Night And I'd Like a Drink

Options
2»

Replies

• acrylicrocks
    Options
    Oh! Yous guys rock (sorry Jersey Girl here)!

Thanks for all the great suggestions I am sure to settle on something!

Cheers to you! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • mcohan
    mcohan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    what is NOT in a long island iced tea?!

iced tea!

:laugh:
    good point.....
  • jigglybits
    jigglybits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    :drinker: oh how i would love to be sitting in the sun with a malibu and diet coke:grumble:
  • kolney
    kolney Posts: 93
    Options
    I like to do Diet Cherry 7Up and Vodka (or plain 7Up and flavored vodka)

Yum!
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Ok you know whats a total hoax? That MGD 64. What they dont tell you is that its only 2.8% alcohol. :laugh: Yeah. So you have to drink 2x as much to get the same effect. I'm sticking w/ vodka and diet! :drinker:

http://www.alcoholcontents.com/beer/beer.htm
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I have been enjoying Fresca with tequila. It kind of tastes like a margarita but is under 70 calories.

I like this suggestion! I will have to try this! I love tequila!!

My favorite is Caffeine Free diet pepsi and a couple of shots of Whisky,mmmmm
    only 70cals for one shot . And it gets the job done:wink:
    :drinker: :drinker:
  • kolney
    kolney Posts: 93
    Options
    I have been enjoying Fresca with tequila. It kind of tastes like a margarita but is under 70 calories.

Gets the job done! LOL :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    :glasses: Captain Morgan and diet...60 cals per oz.!
    :drinker: Oh so good!:blushing:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I thought mikes hard lemonades were more like 200 cals... And my all time fave is vodka and diet tonic with a lime twist. If u r going out however they generally don't have diet tonic but any alcohol with diet coke is low too.

Me too- I'm quite sure it's closer to 200 than the list suggests... unfortunately! :grumble:
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to help with Friday night, but my favorite right now is Rum, Club Soda, Splenda, Mint, and Lime ... .my own diet Mojito :)
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options

Gets the job done! LOL :bigsmile: :drinker:

I had two shots at a baseball game Last night and i was feeling Alright:bigsmile:
    unfortunately we didn't win but i didn't care:happy:
    Here's to whiskey:drinker:
  • bkjk997
    bkjk997 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    What a timely topic! I'm new to the whole counting calories thing, and I've been thinking I should check out what I've been drinking this summer. Good grief, I had no idea how many calories were in alcohol! Thank goodness I hadn't filled that craving for a Long Island Iced Tea!

Thanks so much for starting this thread!
  • Melissa_123
    Options
    I am so glad I found this.....:)
  • halfacerk
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing :-) I found this page from an article that may help.
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/low-calorie-cocktails

Low-Calorie Cocktails
    5 ways to keep from overloading on calories when you have an alcoholic drink.

How Many Calories in Popular Cocktails?
    So just how many calories are in your favorite cocktail? These calorie counts for popular alcoholic drinks are approximate, based on popular recipes, but may vary depending on ingredients and portions.

Pina Colada (6 oz): 378 calories
    Mojito (8 oz): 214 calories
    Cosmopolitan (4 oz): 200 calories
    Chocolate martini: (2 oz each vodka, chocolate liqueur, cream, 1/2 oz creme de cacao, chocolate syrup): 438
    Margarita (8 oz): 280
    Green apple martini (1 oz each vodka, sour apple, apple juice): 148
    Martini (2.5 oz): 160
    Port wine (3 oz):128
    Bloody Mary (5 oz): 118
    Red wine (5 oz):120
    White wine (5 oz): 120
    Alcohol-free wine (5 oz): 20-30
    Beer (12 oz): 150-198
    Light beer (12 oz): 95-136
    Ultra-light beer (12 oz): 64-95
    Champagne (5oz): 106-120
    Coffee liqueur (3 ounces): 348
    Godiva chocolate liqueur (3 oz): 310
    Wine spritzer (5 oz): 100
    Eggnog with rum (8 ounces): 370
    Hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps (8 oz): 380
    Hot buttered rum (8 oz): 292
    Spiced cider with rum ( 8 oz):150
    Mulled wine (5 oz): 200
    Vodka and tonic (8 oz): 200
    Screwdriver (8 oz): 190
    Mimosa (4 oz): 75
    Gin and tonic (7 oz): 200
    Long Island iced tea (8 oz): 780
    White Russian (2 oz vodka, 1.5 oz coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz cream): 425
    Mai Tai (6 oz) (1.5 oz rum, 1/2 oz cream de along, 1/2 oz triple sec, sour mix, pineapple juice): 350
    Rum and Coke (8 oz): 185
    Rum and Diet Coke (8 oz): 100
    Mike's Hard Lemonade (11 oz): 98

needed that thanks!!! MGD 64 is great with a lime!! LOVE IT!!!
  • halfacerk
    Options

hummmm sounds yummy i love tequila!!
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options

hummmm sounds yummy i love tequila!!

That does sound yummy!!! Thanks for the idea!
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    OMG....this makes me think about drinking...:sad: ...lol
  • kzeiger78
    Options
    Hi, I'm new tonight to this sight, so maybe can help with next Friday!! :tongue: I like vodka with light cranberry juice (most bars won't have light, however). It's pretty refreshing, and great with a lime wedge squeezed in!
    I am going to have to try the Fresca & tequila as well, tequila is my drink of choice! That sounds like a good drink to try! :drinker:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    The tequila and Fresca thing sounds, interesting, but my "faux Margarita" is Tequila mixed with Minute Maid Light lemonade (comes in a can). It doesn't have the fizz that soda does, so it might feel more like the real thing. I didn't even know they still MADE Fresca.:bigsmile:

I have discovered a new drink that I really LIKE!!:heart::heart: It is called a Thai Martini. You take vodka, mix with unsweetened Lime juice, and add a little sugar or one pack of Splenda, and a little ground ginger. I am not a martini drinker, but after drinking this, I have become one. Yummy,:heart: and since the mixer is lime juice, the calories aren't too bad either.

A word to the wise--after a couple of these, calories will be the LAST thing on your mind, so designate someone to keep you out of the hors d oeuvres!!!:laugh: :laugh:

Sorry I posted this so late for Friday night, but I was busy Friday night --drinking my new favorite Martini!!!!:laugh: :laugh: