I ran today!

Options
I am 57 years old. I completed the C25K program in March using the treadmill. Not soon after I hurt my right hamstring. I started the C25K program again in May, but with all of life's events, I was struggling to keep on track. This morning I said to myself, "If I can ride my bike 25 miles, I should be able to run 2 miles." So I set out determined. I not only ran it nonstop, but I ran it in under 17 minutes, something I never dreamed possible.

Replies

• 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Options
    Nice work!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Wow, nice pace!
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I am 57 years old. I completed the C25K program in March using the treadmill. Not soon after I hurt my right hamstring. I started the C25K program again in May, but with all of life's events, I was struggling to keep on track. This morning I said to myself, "If I can ride my bike 25 miles, I should be able to run 2 miles." So I set out determined. I not only ran it nonstop, but I ran it in under 17 minutes, something I never dreamed possible.

Congrats. I am also 57 and resist the urge to run every time it presents itself. :happy: :happy:

I am a big fan of nature hikes. I spend several hours each weekend out on the trail.
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    Wow!! Congrats on your running! :)
  • valligator
    valligator Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You should be very proud of your accomplishment!
  • woodsk67
    woodsk67 Posts: 88
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • MCinSoCal
    MCinSoCal Posts: 87
    Options
    WOW! Kuddos to you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • salgalruns
    salgalruns Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Fantastic accomplishment! Way to go!
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Very nice!! At 44, I just started running 6 months ago... Never too late! I watched a video of an 89 year old finishing the 2011 Ironman (his 20th time) the other day... We got a lot of life left in us!

Congratulations!
  • zclark13
    zclark13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I have walked in two events this week one 10K and one a 5K and did a little bit of running in each. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Maybe I'll try more running next time!
  • wendytc
    wendytc Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Way to push through the mental barrier and get it done!!!
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! We're all very proud of you. I love it when people make up their minds and Just. Do. It!

Kudos!

-V-
  • AbbeyRysMom
    AbbeyRysMom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, good for you!!!
  • tamraj
    tamraj Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous!! and very inspiring. I am still turtle slow, but loving the running thing. Determination is a beautiful thing!
  • frogman4591
    frogman4591 Posts: 135
    Options
    Thanks for all of your comments and support!