Finished day 3 week 5 of c25k

Options
I have never been a runner. I was never good at it and never really liked it. I started this c25k program on purpose because I knew how hard it would be and I wanted the challenge. I was so afraid and not looking forward to day 3 week 5 of the program because it said I had to run/jog for 20 minutes straight without walking. When I first started this program even running 1 minute was tough. As this week came along I was worried I would not make it and would feel like I was going to die. I am very proud to say I just finished and I ran 20 minutes straight without walking and didn't feel tired or like I was going to die. I not only finished it but I finished strong. I may not have gone fast but that doesn't matter to me because I went 20 minutes without stopping. I couldn't be more happy and proud of myself for this huge accomplishment. Now I'm excited that I'm halfway through the program and can't wait to see the rest of my accomplishments as I finish the rest of the weeks.

Replies

• 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Options
    Congrats! Be careful - running can be addictive! ;)
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    Options
    Thanks, I'm starting to learn that it can be addictive. I never in my life thought I would say it but I think I could very easily become addicted. Especially after today's accomplishment.
  • Leahh999
    Leahh999 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Before you know it you'll be done and running 5k's!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Excellent job!!
  • wendytc
    wendytc Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I hope to be able to write your post as my own one day. I am the beginning of the that goal.
    Options
    You will be able to. I remember when I was at the beginning of this goal and I thought it was impossible. Today I did the impossible. =) Best of luck to you and I can't wait to read you posting the same in 5 weeks.
    I hope to be able to write your post as my own one day. I am the beginning of the that goal.
  • BEMND
    BEMND Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm in a similar program & like you I was never a runner. Last Monday my group had to run 18mins straight (plus 4min intervals) & I'm proud to say I did it plus 2 extra mins b/c I was so far ahead of my group I didn't hear our coach yelling to stop :) We're only supposed to run 3x a week with rest days in between, but this week I snuck in a 4th run. I can't believe I actually WANT to do any cardio...especially running!
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That is so great! My dream is to some day run a marathon with my sisters, most of whom are runners. This won't happen for quite a while, but just reading your story makes me feel that I could possibly at least succeed in a C25K program. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Options
    Try out the c25k program. Seriously if I can do it anyone can. If you start there after you are doing 5ks you can work up to bigger and longer races. =)
    That is so great! My dream is to some day run a marathon with my sisters, most of whom are runners. This won't happen for quite a while, but just reading your story makes me feel that I could possibly at least succeed in a C25K program. Thanks for the inspiration.