cabbage

Options
Hairhacker
Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
What are some of your favorite ways to cook cabbage. Just looking for methods and or recipes or any hints lol. My dad has a bunch ready from his garden and wanna try some different ways. Thanks!

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    My favorite is sweet and sour cabbage--saute shredded cabbage with some stevia and balsamic vinegar, add what you want--I like mushrooms and turkey sausage or Italian turkey meatballs.

It's also great in stir-fry and in Asian style salads.
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I like cabbage with some lemon juice and pepper.

I also sometimes use it as shells for tacos or taco salad (instead of tortillas).
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Sauteed (with sliced red onions and sliced apples, then with a sauce of apple cider vinegar/little brown sugar, and dijon mustard.....so so good with pork chops), steamed, as cole slaw, in stir fry....
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Boiled or steamed with a tiny bit of butter and pepper. Yum!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I love it just boiled with a little seasoning. Also I used to love corned beef and cabbage, haven't had it lately though. Homemade (healthy) egg rolls with cabbage inside....yummy!
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    boiled with polish sausage and potatos. Good stuff.
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    To those who boil it....how long?
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    What are some of your favorite ways to cook cabbage. Just looking for methods and or recipes or any hints lol. My dad has a bunch ready from his garden and wanna try some different ways. Thanks!
    Vegetable soups with cabbage are good. My girlfriend makes a really good sausage, cabbage, kale, and tomato soup with other various veggies that i used to love back when i still ate meat.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    To those who boil it....how long?

until its soft
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Baked Crispy Cabbage
    Cut it up into pieces. you can leave it in chunks, or sort of shredded looking. Put it in a big enough pan, sprinkle some olive oil on it, salt and pepper and bake it in the oven at 400-450 f until its nice and crispy. its delicious! We have been having it at least once a week with dinner.