Sports bras for larger bust

Options
2»

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I just wear two sports bras. The first one has formed cups to keep from getting the dreaded "uniboob" and then the second is a regular Nike sports bra. The result is a great looking bust line with very little movement, even when I run. I'm a 38DD and wear these in XL.

lmao oh i hate the uniboob....its so uncomfortable and i still bounce like that like it was a regular bra...for one boob. lol.......when i have money i will definately get a cupped sports bra. lol

it's so worth it.

i also dont get how people are wearing their regular bras underneath.. shoot my regular bras are expensive as hell, no way i'm intentionally sweating like a *kitten* in church in those things.

my enell and shock absorber were a bit expensive ($65 each) but it's so worth it. a friend of mine went the cheapo route and yeah she only paid $20 for her bra at target (that she wears over a regular one) but she's also already been through 4 of them and working on her 5th because they get stretched out and useless while i'm still using the same sports bras i got. i'd say she's going to end up spending more than me.

i'm going to retire these soon as high impact, but not because they are falling apart (i've had them about 5 months) but because i'm sizing out of them in the ribcage so they are getting too big
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I just wear two sports bras. The first one has formed cups to keep from getting the dreaded "uniboob" and then the second is a regular Nike sports bra. The result is a great looking bust line with very little movement, even when I run. I'm a 38DD and wear these in XL.

lmao oh i hate the uniboob....its so uncomfortable and i still bounce like that like it was a regular bra...for one boob. lol.......when i have money i will definately get a cupped sports bra. lol

it's so worth it.

i also dont get how people are wearing their regular bras underneath.. shoot my regular bras are expensive as hell, no way i'm intentionally sweating like a *kitten* in church in those things.

my enell and shock absorber were a bit expensive ($65 each) but it's so worth it. a friend of mine went the cheapo route and yeah she only paid $20 for her bra at target (that she wears over a regular one) but she's also already been through 4 of them and working on her 5th because hey get stretched out and useless while i'm still using the same sports bras i got. i'd say she's going to end up spending more than me.
    lol well as of right now i have to wear my regular under my sports bra cuz its all i have. but i will get a cupped one to wear under it because money is tight so ican't get one too expensive. but i have a catherine's right around the corner which is the same as lane bryants so i'll see what they have. lol
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Enell! Pricey but worth it!
  • JackieLM
    JackieLM Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    A long time ago, I did the normal bra under a sports bra but It bothered me with the underwire... and I hated to get my normal bras so sweaty since I had to buy the expensive ones.

I used to wear two sports bras together, like an above poster mentioned, one a little snug and then one that fits well... kept them pretty well contained. Now that they have gotten a lot smaller (I am excited about this), I just wear a sports bra and then one of those tight workout shirts that have a sports bra built in.

Good luck.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34DD, and since I nursed 3 kids, I've got bouncing issues. I wear a snug Champion sports bra over a regular bra. I can run without hitting myself in the face :)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I"m a 30 G and Freya Bras are amazing (both regular and sport).

34H and I like these as well.
    I'm a G/H cup as well OP and I wear enell and shock absorber for high impact exercises (running, kickboxing). both reduce all bounce even when i'm running sprints. sorry biut there really is no need to wear 2 bras in this day and age. that's the stuff i did back in the 80's and 90's when i was a full busted athlete. there are tons of great options now

for low impact exercises i use goddess, elomi and a 1 larger size enell than what i wear for high impact

I am also a shock absorber fan.
  • jadedone
    Options

it's so worth it.

my enell and shock absorber were a bit expensive ($65 each) but it's so worth it. a friend of mine went the cheapo route and yeah she only paid $20 for her bra at target (that she wears over a regular one) but she's also already been through 4 of them and working on her 5th because they get stretched out and useless while i'm still using the same sports bras i got. i'd say she's going to end up spending more than me.

i'm going to retire these soon as high impact, but not because they are falling apart (i've had them about 5 months) but because i'm sizing out of them in the ribcage so they are getting too big

I have 2 shock absorbers from 3 years ago (yup 3). Now they are downgraded to low impact since I am down a band. Otherwise they are still holding up just fine. I recommending paying and upgrading as well.

I have 2 Freyas, they are on year 2 right now...... 1 is a little too big, so it is also downgraded to the less impact workouts. The other one is still fitting pretty good, and gets use for high impact.
  • jadedone
    Options
    ***Freya makes an underwired sports bra that works well. No uniboob.
  • kalkat
    kalkat Posts: 48
    Options
    I am a 40DDD and I love the glamorise no bounce from Lane Bryant. good stuff!:happy: