6-Pack Protein Balls

Options
LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
I got this receipe from http://sixpackforgirls.com/six-pack-snack-protein-balls & thought of making this delicious & tempting snack. Its easy plus taste super delicious that you won't feel guilty of eating it. A good alternative to protein bars.

Anyway here it goes:

They are amazingly quick and simple to make, and taste so good you’ll have to remind yourself NOT to feel guilty after eating them because they are 100% six-pack legal; awesome.

You won’t need to make a note of all the ingredients, because I’m sure you’ll be able to remember them. In fact, there’s hardly anything to remember at all.

Protein Powder
Oats
Water
Yep, that’s it. Nothing more, or less, than I have in my protein shakes – no nuts, no seeds, no dates, nothing but oats and 100% whey protein powder (although you could add other things in like raisins and nuts, just remember – the more things you add, the more calories you’re adding and this is about keeping those low and the ‘yum’ factor HIGH).

I used the same quantities that I use for my shakes too, apart from the water – you only need to tiniest amount to bind the oats and protein together.

Step One – put the oats and protein in my killer blender and zapped it until the oats were almost as fine as the protein powder (you don’t have to make it fine, I just chose to).

Step Two – put the blended oats and protein into a bowl and added a dribble of water to it and started to combine everything with a spoon.

** I cannot stress enough how little water you’re going to need – seriously underestimate what you initially think and you should be about right. You’ll think it’s not going to be enough and be tempted to add more, DON’T!

I was warned about this; on my first attempt I did add more water and ended up with a sloppy mess – just keep working the ingredients together until they form a firm dough.

Step Three – turn your protein dough ball out onto a chopping board – I found it helped to roll it quickly in protein powder to stop it sticking to the board – and press it down so it’s flat. If you fancy the idea of a thick soft and chewy cookie then you could leave it just like this; if you want balls, then you’ll need to do a bit more work.

Step Four – cut your dough into quarters and then each of those quarters in half. Then roll them between the palms of your hands to form small balls – to make them look a little bit ‘special’ (think chocolate truffles dusted with cocoa powder) I rolled them in protein powder, this also stops them from sticking to each other too.

Step Five – put them in a little container, store them in the fridge and THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is all there is to it!

See diagram below:

balls2.jpg

This is the actual photo from the site (I haven't taken pics of the one I did but it is very close to this one)

balls1.jpg

These snacks are also low calorie but taste like 300+ calories per ball :) Enjoy!

Courtesy of http://sixpackforgirls.com/six-pack-snack-protein-balls

Replies

• TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Ooh. Those look pretty tasty. I'm afraid, though. I need to mix just one to be sure I actually want to eat them lol.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Yum...I am going to make some of these today! How do you do the calories on these? Just put the amount of ingredients and divide it by the number of balls you make??
  • digit78
    digit78 Posts: 177
    Options
    how long do they keep in the fridge for?
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    how long do they keep in the fridge for?

I do it after 2-3 hours
  • digit78
    digit78 Posts: 177
    Options
    sorry, I meant how long do they keep in there after making before they go bad?! ;)
  • NZsleever
    NZsleever Posts: 20
    Options
    Bump:smile:
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    How many calories? I need a good way to add in more protein and they look like a yummy snack.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    sorry, I meant how long do they keep in there after making before they go bad?! ;)

Would've thought a very long time. After all, it's only oats and protein powder right? They don't go bad easily.
    If you used milk instead of water it'd be a different story, probably a couple of days, but water I wouldn't worry about.

To the OP, these look awesome!! I have to try them out myself now :)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    bump! thanks!
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    bump bump...Thanks!
  • kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    oh gotta try this one
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    That's not a bad idea at all... I've been wanting to make bars or cookies lately for quick easy snacks, and these'd be way lower in calories. I actually might try it later.
  • shell3986
    shell3986 Posts: 98
    Options
    Bump...trying this out later!
  • ChelsChubzz
    Options
    bump, these look delish
  • mollykat73
    mollykat73 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • kionig
    kionig Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    so excited, making these this eve.
  • minnie_monroe
    Options
    I made these half an hour ago and I am going to try them in an hour or so :D cant wait! I am just wondering how many calories one ball has, cause I made the 8 balls and am going to split them with my boyfriend :) I calculated that it should be about 259 calories these 8 balls (indlucing 30g of protein powder and 35g of whole-wheat rolled oats).
  • minnie_monroe
    Options
    I got this receipe from http://sixpackforgirls.com/six-pack-snack-protein-balls & thought of making this delicious & tempting snack. Its easy plus taste super delicious that you won't feel guilty of eating it. A good alternative to protein bars.

Anyway here it goes:

They are amazingly quick and simple to make, and taste so good you’ll have to remind yourself NOT to feel guilty after eating them because they are 100% six-pack legal; awesome.

You won’t need to make a note of all the ingredients, because I’m sure you’ll be able to remember them. In fact, there’s hardly anything to remember at all.

Protein Powder
    Oats
    Water
    Yep, that’s it. Nothing more, or less, than I have in my protein shakes – no nuts, no seeds, no dates, nothing but oats and 100% whey protein powder (although you could add other things in like raisins and nuts, just remember – the more things you add, the more calories you’re adding and this is about keeping those low and the ‘yum’ factor HIGH).

I used the same quantities that I use for my shakes too, apart from the water – you only need to tiniest amount to bind the oats and protein together.

Step One – put the oats and protein in my killer blender and zapped it until the oats were almost as fine as the protein powder (you don’t have to make it fine, I just chose to).

Step Two – put the blended oats and protein into a bowl and added a dribble of water to it and started to combine everything with a spoon.

** I cannot stress enough how little water you’re going to need – seriously underestimate what you initially think and you should be about right. You’ll think it’s not going to be enough and be tempted to add more, DON’T!

I was warned about this; on my first attempt I did add more water and ended up with a sloppy mess – just keep working the ingredients together until they form a firm dough.

Step Three – turn your protein dough ball out onto a chopping board – I found it helped to roll it quickly in protein powder to stop it sticking to the board – and press it down so it’s flat. If you fancy the idea of a thick soft and chewy cookie then you could leave it just like this; if you want balls, then you’ll need to do a bit more work.

Step Four – cut your dough into quarters and then each of those quarters in half. Then roll them between the palms of your hands to form small balls – to make them look a little bit ‘special’ (think chocolate truffles dusted with cocoa powder) I rolled them in protein powder, this also stops them from sticking to each other too.

Step Five – put them in a little container, store them in the fridge and THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is all there is to it!

See diagram below:

balls2.jpg

This is the actual photo from the site (I haven't taken pics of the one I did but it is very close to this one)

balls1.jpg

These snacks are also low calorie but taste like 300+ calories per ball :) Enjoy!

Courtesy of http://sixpackforgirls.com/six-pack-snack-protein-balls

When should we consume them? Before or after a workout? Or maybe both? :)
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    These look fantastic and really easy to make!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I just did something similar the other night.... used chocolate protein powder, natural PB and some popped quinoa.