Goal! Cholesterol is under control

Options
My regular doc's visit last March turned up high cholesterol in my blood work. Granted, I had a few pounds to lose and my eating habits weren't great (but I wasn't terribly out of shape, either). I started in earnest in April to eat better and exercise. My goal was to get the cholesterol under control without drugs. I just had follow-up blood work done, and I had to share:

Overall cholesterol went from 234 to 172 (back to normal range!)
Triglycerides went from 213 to 153 (still a wee bit high, should be under 150)
Icing on the cake: dropped 13 lbs

Thanks to all here who share their success stories, you have no idea how inspirational you are to me.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

Overall cholesterol went from 234 to 172 (back to normal range!)
    Triglycerides went from 213 to 153 (still a wee bit high, should be under 150)
    Icing on the cake: dropped 13 lbs

Wow! You did an amazing job! :drinker:

Did you do that from the weight loss or did you change your diet with fiber, etc?
  • ddiesh
    ddiesh Posts: 15
    Options
    Wow! You did an amazing job! :drinker:

Did you do that from the weight loss or did you change your diet with fiber, etc?

Even before my weight loss my diet wasn't what I would consider a cholesterol buster. I ate eggs infrequently, no red meat, etc. But I was a terrible snacker (chips and such, which tend to be high in saturated fat I guess). The changes I made in my diet are: daily oatmeal for breakfast (into which I throw brown sugar, cinnamon, craisins, and almonds...yum!) and an overall effort to eat more fruits and veggies, less snacking out of boredom, and portion control.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    That's just simply amazing. Little things really can make such a difference can't they?

Way to go on making that choice!
  • RoxieFoston
    Options
    congratulations!:smile:
  • RoxieFoston
    Options
    You've excelled also!
  • kaliena22
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!