Giving up foundation make up

Options
Mdin1029
Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
I have, like many other women, spent many years feeling like I needed to wear foundation to go pretty much anywhere. Working out and eating right has really helped me move away from this and I feel so happy about it because my skin looks much more clear and glowy. Here's what I have done to give up foundation (except for very special occasions-weddings).

1. Eating more fruit and veggies, less unhealthy foods
2. Drinking more water
3. Working out
4. Using only-under eye concealer when going to work (must do due to super dark circles that make me look like I didn't sleep or got punched), eye lash curler (love it!), tinted lip balm (burts bee's in fig), blotting paper.
5. Getting eyebrows threaded regularly
6.Purpose face wash, Clinique dramtically different moistorizing GEL, witch hazel toner. Alpha hydroy acid (from acne.org) every other night. Bobbi Brown under eye cream
7. Taking care of my hair as well
8. Choosing outfits that I feel are flattering

Mascara, lip gloss, and eyeliner I wear for parties. Eyeshadow is a very very rare thing, blush never.

I started by avoiding foundation/make up when running errands, then weekends, then work.
Anyone else give up foundation? Why and how? Any tips.

Replies

• D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I have pretty good skin I think, no pimples or anything. But, I have so many freckles and I HATE them! I don't think they can be fixed by exercise and diet :( lol
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I don't wear foundation either. I used to wear it, but.... since moving to Florida and now working from home, there really is no need. I have oily skin, and I sweat a lot in the FL humidity, so.... Foundation doesn't mesh well with me and my lifestyle. I'm 47 and could probably use more make-up to make me look better, but... I prefer a more minimalist approach!!! I stick with mascara, eye liner and lipstick!!!