Stress

beautifullyjaded
beautifullyjaded Posts: 107
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
ok so my wedding is 3 weeks away, i still have to come up with 550 bucks not sure how to do that lol and i havent lost all the weght i wanted. matter of fact i havent lost weight in a few months cause im soooooo stressed out. im trying so hard not to eat my stress! i cant gain weight. its hard for me to get up in the am and go to the gym cause im so stressed and tired now. ugh. i will NEVER go through a wedding again! if my hubby to be dies or we get divorced (hahahah that will not happen i refuse to sign divorce papers) i will NEVER get married again this is insane! will be well worth it buuuuut. yeah. thsi stress is insane. sorry had to rant!

Replies

• pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Hang in there... You can do it!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    you can do it! divide and conquer!!!
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Here's my advice. In the end, the wedding is about you and your husband to be. It's about your committment, and bringing together the people you love to celebrate your coming together. Then it should be a wonderful experience. The anticipation should also be fantastic. It's not about the dress, or about the cake, or about the music.... It is about how you feel when you look at each other.

When my husband and I got married (and being poor students at the time we had no money, so we did everything ourselves). Still, we made a promise to each other. The night before, we said, no matter what happens, if the cake falls over, if the crazy aunt starts making a scene, if the place burned down, no matter what happened, it wouldn't affect us. We were going to concentrate on our coming together, and nothing would ruin that for us.

Really, I've been to so many weddings that I thought the most important part was the party. On the day of our wedding, and we were in our focused-on-each-other zone, something amazing happened. During the ceremony, it was like a dream (my friends tell me that I looked like I was in bliss). As the wedding party walked out in the recession, when we got to our destination, we were all speachless. We looked at each other, and all began to laugh, then we all began to cry. We were all so happy, and it was cathartic. Even today, 15 years later, when I think of that moment, tears of joy come to my eyes, I still feel it. It was the most amazing thing.

Really, it's not about all those little things like the food, the dress, the flowers, pictures, or even the party. It's about the moment (the ceremony), and all that depends upon is you and your partner. Go into it with the positive feelings that you should have so that you have have the most amazing memory. The memory is more important to me than anything else that I did for that day.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Here's my advice. In the end, the wedding is about you and your husband to be. It's about your committment, and bringing together the people you love to celebrate your coming together. Then it should be a wonderful experience. The anticipation should also be fantastic. It's not about the dress, or about the cake, or about the music.... It is about how you feel when you look at each other.

When my husband and I got married (and being poor students at the time we had no money, so we did everything ourselves). Still, we made a promise to each other. The night before, we said, no matter what happens, if the cake falls over, if the crazy aunt starts making a scene, if the place burned down, no matter what happened, it wouldn't affect us. We were going to concentrate on our coming together, and nothing would ruin that for us.

Really, I've been to so many weddings that I thought the most important part was the party. On the day of our wedding, and we were in our focused-on-each-other zone, something amazing happened. During the ceremony, it was like a dream (my friends tell me that I looked like I was in bliss). As the wedding party walked out in the recession, when we got to our destination, we were all speachless. We looked at each other, and all began to laugh, then we all began to cry. We were all so happy, and it was cathartic. Even today, 15 years later, when I think of that moment, tears of joy come to my eyes, I still feel it. It was the most amazing thing.

Really, it's not about all those little things like the food, the dress, the flowers, pictures, or even the party. It's about the moment (the ceremony), and all that depends upon is you and your partner. Go into it with the positive feelings that you should have so that you have have the most amazing memory. The memory is more important to me than anything else that I did for that day.

That's sooo sweet! I remember not being stressed until the week before the wedding (there was a fiasco with the dress, but two days before the ceremony it got worked out). There's a picture of me before the wedding with a root beer cooler in one hand (like a float, only blended) and in the other hand was a bottle of pepto bismol. I was soooo nervous! But then the ceremony was over, and all that was left was the reception, and whew! It was a great party. I was relaxed for the first time all day. DH had to drag me away a half hour before the reception ended, I was having too much fun to want to leave. I kept telling him we paid for the party, we should stay til the end :laugh: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.