When did you decided to change?

Options
I have a question. When did you decide to change your lifestyle? I seriously woke up one day and decided to start. Nothing triggered it really... I thought it was weird.

Replies

• brightpebbles89
    brightpebbles89 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sucky break up and instead of binging i was like "hell no" in my white ghetto girl voice and decided to put the chocolate down and go to the gym ever since :D ..
  • Xx_mandown_scotty_xX
    Options
    when i saw myself in a group leavers day photo, it killed me lol
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    When the scale went over 200 at the doctors and she said I really needed to lose some weight. The same time, my mom found out she is pre-diabetic. She had diabetes when she was pregnant with me, so that was my wake-up call that the possibility of becoming diabetic wasn't as unrealistic as I had always hoped.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    A few things happened all within a couple months:

I signed up for RAGBRAI, a 471 mile bike ride. I knew i couldn't make it at my current health level.

Turning 30. I always said "Oh, i'll have this weight in check my my 30th BD" Well, that day came and went, and i was still fat.

AND THEN:

I was bored, and decided to watch a movie called "FAT, SICK, AND NEARLY DEAD" on Netflix. That was the day i decided that tomorrow never comes. I would die fat if i kept waiting for tomorrow. That was the day i decided that "IT STARTS TODAY!!!"

I started down the path, and never looked back. 68 LBS lost so far!!!!!!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    When I first came across the calorie count app on the app store. Downloaded it, was crap. So downloaded MFP instead. That was 84 days ago. Haven't looked back since ;)
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    When I woke up from a year long baby haze and realized I wasn't the person my husband married or the person I wanted to mother my children.

So I stopped being selfish and changed my habits. It has been a slow start but it's working.