Dining out help...

Options
Hi, dh and I are going out to dinner and a movie tomorrow night. We'll probably go to a steakhouse like Texas Roadhouse. I know the obvious choice- grilled chicken salad -hold the cheese and croutons and light dressing on the side. Besides that what would be a good choice? I DONT want to undo all the hard work I've put in this week. Cindy :heart:

Replies

• jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    You can look at the restaurants nutrition facts online. It is through dailyplate.com, but I just typed in Texas Roadhouse nutrition facts in a Google search and some came up.

You could get a 6 oz. sirloin for 386 calories with some vegetable would be a good option.

Check it out online and plan ahead.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I was thinking steak or pork chop or chicken grilled and veggies. Some places put butter in the veggies so you may want to ask. You may want to stay away from the bread. Get a side salad instead
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    It's a good idea to check out the nutrition info online before you go - you could also add some extra exercise to give yourself more calories for a special occasion.
    Have fun!
    :flowerforyou:
  • healthychic
    Options
    Ooh! I go here all the time and when I'm being bad, I get a 6 ounce sirloin. But when I am eating healthy which is most of the time, I get the salmon with a side of rice and fresh veggies. I don't know if you are a fish eater, but its delcious! Also, try the oven-roasted chicken there too, that is really yummy!!

-Danielle
  • healthychic
    Options
    By the way, DON'T eat the rolls they bring to the table, unless you only have one. They are 220 calories a roll, and 4 grams of fat!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    staying home would be the best choice:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

broiled fish or chicken with no sauce of any kind

steamed veggies with no butter or sauce

salad with no dressing

skip the rolls, potatoes, rice

talk a lot so you can eat slow

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i always ask what their soup is...and if it sounds healthy i order that and a side house salad with dressing on the side

if the soup sounds unhealthy, i usually get a sandwhich (depending on the meat) and ask for no dressings on that as well with salad or veggies as the side.
  • traveler
    Options
    I went on vacation for a week and for the first time in my life, I weighed the same when I got home. I ate salads, salmon, and soup choices each day for lunch and dinner. I didn't eat all three for each meal either. The idea of looking on line first is great since some meals can pack in more than 2,000 calories at restaurants.

Good luck and have fun.