WEIGHT GAIN DURING TOM???

Options
QUESTION: WHEN DO YOU GAIN WEIGHT DURING TOM? IN THE BEGINNING OR TOWARDS WHEN IT IS ENDING?

Replies

• Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I gain weight starting a few days before right through until the end. The all caps make this seem extremely urgent.
  • dajackson81
    Options
    What does TOM stand for? I keep seeing it
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I gain 3-4 days beforehand and then plateau during.
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    What does TOM stand for? I keep seeing it

Time of Month
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    When you eat too much of foods that cause water retention. Usually beforehand when you're craving them.
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i dont notice TOM ever being a problem, but I work treats into my plan. Sometimes I wonder if those that gain are just having extra calories and that is equating the gain?

Today is day one for me and I am down 1 lb right now. I will watch it more closely for the next week though.
  • victoria4321
    Options
    i dont notice TOM ever being a problem, but I work treats into my plan. Sometimes I wonder if those that gain are just having extra calories and that is equating the gain?

Today is day one for me and I am down 1 lb right now. I will watch it more closely for the next week though.

Its usually eating extra refined carbs and extra salty foods.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    ill let you know by the end of the week, hahahha!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    OMG YOU GAIN WEIGHT DURING THE BEGING AND LOSE IT AT THE END. IT's NOTHING TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS ABOUT. IT"S NORMAL AND HAS BEEN HAPPENING EVER SINCE YOU GOT YOUR PERIOD.. YOU JUST NEVER NOTICED UNTIL YOU STARTING LOGGING.
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    OMG YOU GAIN WEIGHT DURING THE BEGING AND LOSE IT AT THE END. IT's NOTHING TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS ABOUT. IT"S NORMAL AND HAS BEEN HAPPENING EVER SINCE YOU GOT YOUR PERIOD.. YOU JUST NEVER NOTICED UNTIL YOU STARTING LOGGING.

It is known. Happens to everyone. Don't sweat it!
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options

actually no the weight gain is from hormone fluctuations ....
  • victoria4321
    Options

actually no the weight gain is from hormone fluctuations ....

Not really. If you ate nothing and drank nothing your hormones won't make you magically absorb food. They do influence cravings I would agree though. For myself if I eat healthy and avoid salts I don't gain a pound. When I eat all the extra chocolate and salty foods I'm craving I could put on 5lbs easily then lose it all in a few days.

In short, the hormone fluctuations don't equal weight gain, what you put in your mouth will equal weight gain.
  • queenstatus
    queenstatus Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    THANX!!! I ALWAYS WRITE IN CAPS. ITS BETTER FOR ME. NO NEED TO BE SOOOOOO SENSITIVE, ITS ONLY CAPS. :smooched:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    My hormone fluctuations definitely cause water weight gain but not fat weight gain-regularly, whether I indulge cravings or not. I don't take my weight seriously for the entire week that TOM is in town. It goes back down within a day or two after it's over.
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    I gain at the beginning of TOM and lose it at the end of it.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    before, like a day, nothing to stress about as it goes away quickly
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I gain about a week before (3+ lbs) and lose it when it comes, sometimes when it leaves.. Every woman is different though/
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

Same here...don't worry too much about it if it is TOM related :)
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options

Same. If you think of the physiology of it, it makes sense. Your uterus is seriously bulking up, and your body is getting ready to loose quite a bit of fluid so you naturally retain some extra water through hormone changes. As the cycle progresses, your uterus sheds, so you loose that, and the extra water you gain is also lost as well. I think some people probably eat more based on craving, but there is a natural 1-3lb gain-loss cycle for most people. I think being on BC would effect this though because its not a natural cycle, so I'm not sure how that would factor in. I think it would be a less dramatic change.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I eat nothing different during this time and drink nothing different during this time and I still gain 1 to 2 lbs. Sorry I'm one of those people who don't usually crave anything during this time. I used to but haven't in the last few years. Also I'm going into menopause so that may be why. You can't feel that bloated and not have a weight gain..had a GUY tell me it was water weight and would go away. Only lost 2 lbs the following week when I've been losing around 3 lbs a week.