Any other mommies?

Options
Hello!
I am brand new to this site and hoping it can help me.
I am 25 years old, mother of one (3 1/2 years old). Since the birth of my daughter I have stopped working and slowly gained about 20 pounds. I believe it is partially from being more sedentary. I have also had a hard time adjusting to how my post-baby body looks and it has made me sad (and less motivated to be active).
I am commited to a life change and just want to be healthier.
It's nice to meet everyone!

Replies

• cboehm
    cboehm Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in the same boat I am 31 and have 4 wild little boys I had managed to get back to my pre baby weight after our 3rd but have had a hard time dropping this last 15 pounds after baby #4 . It was making me sad everytime I opened my closet and saw all my nice jean that I could no longer get into !
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    I am new here too. I had my daughter 6 weeks ago so I am trying to lose my pregnancy weight. Good luck on your journey. I am excited about getting in shape. I want to be a milf:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    My little girl is almost 3. After 7months I am under my pre-pregnancy weight. You can do it. Good Luck..
  • viol
    viol Posts: 2
    Options
    same here too,, this is my 1st time in this site,, and i just have a baby (14 weeks old boy) i still strugle about my weight.... but not gonna stop......... good luck
  • dayna3
    dayna3 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am a mommy to 3 little boys. my youngest is 5 months but is a preemie. So does anyone else seem to find that just as you get started exercising you have to stop to tend to the children? Im having a hard time balancing it all? what type of program would be ideal for a mom with 3 children?
  • apparatus195316
    apparatus195316 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi! My baby is 8 weeks old today and I'm 14lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight. So far it's a struggle to even shower, much less find the time to take good care of myself or exercise. And even cleaning the house? Forget about it! lol. I definitely hope I can get AT LEAST to my pre-prego weight, and then maybe I can start feeling a little better about myself. :)
  • awinmac
    awinmac Posts: 30
    Options
    Hello and Welcome all the new Mommies!
    My daughter is 3.5 too. I am close to pre preg weight but find that my body looks so different it is hard to be motivated because I can't see it ever regaining it's former shape....at all, so I know what you mean about not feeling motivated sometimes. All I can say is I hope with a lot of hard work to make it better than before. I'm sure you can too.
    To all those new Mommies with tiny ones, as My Mum always says "it took you 9 months to grow the belly, it will take at least that to lose it" Not to mention having no time at all for yourself, you know what I mean!
    good luck to everyone
    -Amber
  • frogg2allegra
    Options
    Hello fellow mommites!
    I have had such an issue with trying to workout and keep my child occupied at the same time. I get my heart rate up and he wants whatever I didn't set up before. Not the juice I gave him, the DVD I started on the computer, not his alphabet game, not his playdoh...you get what I mean. HE wants the Nascar coloring book and the big blue crayon he hasn't played with in two weeks. It is so frustrating. I tried working out after I put him down for a nap...yeah...didn't work... he just layed there and listened to the DVD and me making noise on the hardwoods. When I was done, 45 minutes later, then he was quiet and went to sleep.
    The good thing about this is that: although, I have had to stop and tend to him I get extra minutes in because I rewind my DVD so I can get my heart rate back up without missing any of the workout.
    Another thing I have found that I have to do is throw his food out that he doesn't finish. Crusts from bread, edges from homemade pizza, or crackers and such. His food is healthy and I can eat it but seriously how do I count 2 bites of PB&J crust or a slice of apple that I didn't weigh.
    Anyhow, it nice to meet fellow mommies.
    I was overweight before baby and I am very much looking forward to being below my pre-preggers weight
  • stephalvarez5
    stephalvarez5 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am brand new to this site and hoping it can help me.
    I am 25 years old, mother of one (3 1/2 years old). Since the birth of my daughter I have stopped working and slowly gained about 20 pounds. I believe it is partially from being more sedentary. I have also had a hard time adjusting to how my post-baby body looks and it has made me sad (and less motivated to be active).
    I am commited to a life change and just want to be healthier.
    It's nice to meet everyone!

i'm 24 and a mother of a 4 year old and let me tell you, YOU CAN GET BACK TO YOUR PRE-BABY WEIGHT! i'm even under the weight i was before I got pregnant. what's most important to me though, is the fact that with exercise i have a lot more energy to spend with my daughter running around playing football at the park, to me this is most important. also showing her that it's important to take care of your health. i understand maybe the sight of your new body might put you off, eventhough i'm under my pre-prego weight i still have body image issues (stretch marks mostly) but thanks to some clever make up artists (and drag-queens) i'm able to cover them up if needed. It's less appealing i know, even after 4 years the issues of body image are still there, it takes time to accept certain things, i know in time i'll be more confident and maybe even proud of my battle scars.

i really wish you luck, a lot of people here on this site really want you to suceed because it's inspiring to others as well. my advice, have patience, SET ASIDE DESIGNATED TIME TO WORK OUT, be honest with yourself and find a sport/work out you actually can look forward to (mine is boxing/tennis/dancing/football yes, the full contact kind *tom-boy*)

an upside to always carrying around a baby, potential for buff arms. check out the mommy and me work outs for infants.

.s.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    For those new mommies that only have one to tend to, what I did was invest in a Sherpani Front pack. It has a backpack for emergency needs (diapers, clothes...) and a setup for a water pack. I put my daughter in it, put a white blanket over her head and she slept while I hiked. I started out with 1 mile around town. By the time I went back to work 3 times a week we were hiking 5 miles in the mountains.

The other thing I did, was after I could hike I started jogging with her in a stroller. I would go in the evening so it wasn't so hot or intense. I have considered getting one of the bike trailers, but never got that far.

As for mom's with multiple children, I see a lot of woman with two kid jogging strollers out there. I found that if I take my daughter out near bed time or near nap time, she will sleep the whole ride. Or she is a great motivator "Why did you stop running Mom?" or "Zoom Zoom".

Hope this helps. Good Luck ladies.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I am a mommy to 3 little boys. my youngest is 5 months but is a preemie. So does anyone else seem to find that just as you get started exercising you have to stop to tend to the children? Im having a hard time balancing it all? what type of program would be ideal for a mom with 3 children?

dvd's from the library! i'm a huge fan of leslie sansone walk at home videos. never thought i would be, but i love the flexibility and variety.

and yes, some days the workout isn't really a workout but a test of your patience. :laugh:
    hang in there--even small bits of exercise will start to have an impact.
    and be sure to eat really well and drink lots of water.

and congrats to all you new mommies!! :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    For those new mommies that only have one to tend to, what I did was invest in a Sherpani Front pack. It has a backpack for emergency needs (diapers, clothes...) and a setup for a water pack. I put my daughter in it, put a white blanket over her head and she slept while I hiked. I started out with 1 mile around town. By the time I went back to work 3 times a week we were hiking 5 miles in the mountains.

The other thing I did, was after I could hike I started jogging with her in a stroller. I would go in the evening so it wasn't so hot or intense. I have considered getting one of the bike trailers, but never got that far.

As for mom's with multiple children, I see a lot of woman with two kid jogging strollers out there. I found that if I take my daughter out near bed time or near nap time, she will sleep the whole ride. Or she is a great motivator "Why did you stop running Mom?" or "Zoom Zoom".

Hope this helps. Good Luck ladies.

even if you don't jog the jog strollers are great b/c they're at a more comfortable height for pushing and are so light compared to regular ones. it's just smoother. i'm very happy w/mine and use it still 5 yrs later (w/baby #3).

also, i completely agree with the GIVE IT TIME advice. It took me a yr to lose the wt from baby 1, never finished from baby 2, and NOW (finally NOW) i am losing the wt from baby 3 (+2's leftovers :laugh: ). You can do it. Just do what you can when you can and don't beat yourself up for it not being more or perfect.

As for body image--your body does change after kids. For some of us it's dramatic and for others not so much. I try to look at it as Wow, look what my body has done--it has housed/grown/delivered x healthy babies; i can move; i can walk/see/hear, etc. That acknowledgment of my accomplishments + gratitude is very helpful.

:heart:
  • tep77
    tep77 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi fellow mommies! I just started using this site yesterday and I love it. I started working out with the P90X program 45 days ago and my online coach suggested this website. I love it. I'm really excited about getting into the best shape of my life and being a good, healthy role model to my 3 kids. Good Luck everyone!
  • tep77
    Options
    "I am a mommy to 3 little boys. my youngest is 5 months but is a preemie. So does anyone else seem to find that just as you get started exercising you have to stop to tend to the children? Im having a hard time balancing it all? what type of program would be ideal for a mom with 3 children?"

I too have three kids, and I found very quickly that my 2 yr old was not going to let me workout without her. What a distraction. I use the P90X program which is very intense, so I need to focus. What I do is wait till nap time or after she goes to bed. At first nap time was hard for me, because it was also my nap time, but after 2 weeks I felt so an amazing physical change. I have so much more energy, I don't take naps anymore. I feel like a new person!

P90X is hard, but so very worth it. The website has so many success stories to read, it helps me stay motivated. If you want to check it out the website is www.teambeachbody.com. Walking and regular cardio is great, but if your really serious about making a change this is the wesite for you.

Good Luck!
  • kristi609
    Options
    Hi, I am a Mom of 5...(12, 11, 8, 5 and almost 3). I have always battled my weight my whole life....but being a stay at home Mom hasn't helped. I seem to be running from one thing to another, a short order cook and taxi driver, house cleaner and tutor.....I am finally taking 1 hour a day from me. I am spinning and doing pilates. Unfortunately, because I am toning and adding muscle, my scale is at a stand still......incredibly frustrating. Oh well, this too shall pass and I will reach my goal!!!!!

:smile:

254047.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    Maybe we should start a mommy group. We could set up daily goals that we should all be able to meet even though we have little ones to take care of. Just a thought.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I am 29, I have 2 kids, Anna Grace, who is 4 years old and will be starting all day Pre-K on August 17th. Jacob who is 2 years old. :flowerforyou:
  • tep77
    Options
    Maybe we should start a mommy group. We could set up daily goals that we should all be able to meet even though we have little ones to take care of. Just a thought.

Great Idea!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I am a mommy of a 21 yr old, a 13 yr old and the icing on the cake...a 4 yr old :love: . Having this last one at my age really has done a number on my body. The first two, I was back to pre-pregnancy weight within 6 months (1st one and back to 115 lbs) and 3 yrs (2nd one and back to 125 lbs). but it's been 4 years and I now weigh what I did right before she was born. So not only have I not lost anything, I've been gaining. Slowly, but still...wrong way!!

In the last two months, I have quit smoking, joined MFP, I have adjusted my dietary habits, upped my calories to a healthy level, begun working out and although I've only lost 7 lbs, I've lost a full clothing size! Yay! And...I feel great!
  • staceyw37
    Options

there is a sahm thread. it's up every week. the players change and issues, but it's there. :flowerforyou:

of course, a new thread/group can be started anytime. you could even make it something like the mommy challenge thread (similar to what the diff color teams do).
    mfp is a great resource for inspiration and support!