Surprised...

Options
So I figured everything had gone to hell in a hand basket when for Valentine's day I decided to basically say "screw it" and eat what I wanted. I didn't even enter anything in. I went to the Olive Garden and got an appetizer, soup, a big entree, bread sticks, dessert AND coffee with real sugar in it. Oh, and I had one and a half glasses of real dr.pepper. I decided not to let it worry me, though, as I needed a day to enjoy myself: school has been really stressful lately. I hadn't been doing well this week, either, homework made me miss 2 days of workouts and I've been over my fat and sodium almost every day.

I stepped on the scale this morning with a cringe, but I was determined to face whatever the scale brought. Imagine my surprise when I was still at 160. Yeah, I hadn't lost any weight from last week, but I hadn't gained any, either. I was so sure that this week I had to be back up to 165... but it didn't. I probably had lost some weight, and gained it back... but I'm just happy that the scale didn't move in the wrong direction.

THAT'S the valentine's gift that was best for me.

<3

Replies

• adelespears
    Options
    So I figured everything had gone to hell in a hand basket when for Valentine's day I decided to basically say "screw it" and eat what I wanted. I didn't even enter anything in. I went to the Olive Garden and got an appetizer, soup, a big entree, bread sticks, dessert AND coffee with real sugar in it. Oh, and I had one and a half glasses of real dr.pepper. I decided not to let it worry me, though, as I needed a day to enjoy myself: school has been really stressful lately. I hadn't been doing well this week, either, homework made me miss 2 days of workouts and I've been over my fat and sodium almost every day.

I stepped on the scale this morning with a cringe, but I was determined to face whatever the scale brought. Imagine my surprise when I was still at 160. Yeah, I hadn't lost any weight from last week, but I hadn't gained any, either. I was so sure that this week I had to be back up to 165... but it didn't. I probably had lost some weight, and gained it back... but I'm just happy that the scale didn't move in the wrong direction.

THAT'S the valentine's gift that was best for me.

<3
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You go girl keep it up
  • momathome
    Options
    right on ! Congrats
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Weigh again in a couple of days, too. You're still retaining water this morning from your dinner last night. Your scale will probably still show a loss before your next weigh in......GL!