Don't really want to..

Options
EAT! i know, it's weird, but recently i just don't feel like eating anything anymore. I eat an apple here a banana there, but that's basically all i eat. Is this normal? Why am i losing my appetite?

Replies

• 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    I use to not like food when I was young too. Nothing appealed to me. Also...my body wasn't trying to hold onto the weight in those days because I was skinny. :flowerforyou:
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    All you need to do is look at your food diary, it tells the whole story. I looked at it and you are eatting very little. If you want to lose any weight then you MUST eat. You are having way to many calories left at the end of the day. Sometimes you have over 1000 cals. left at the end of the day. With that many cals. left and with out eating you have probably set your body and mind up to not wanting food and this is not very good for either one. You should atleast try and find high cal, but nurishing food for your mind and body.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both go through periods of this. Where we are hungry but have no desire to eat. It usually comes from food boredom or feeling like eating would mean cooking, and that takes too much time away from fun things. If you just are not hungry at all, it may be dehydration.

What we do to get through this is start going through recipe websites or buy a new cook book, invite friends over, and cook something that looks yummy. After that we can usually snap out of it and are fine to keep going after that.

If dehydrated, drink more fluid. Or if you are drinking too much water, then drink something else for while. If you are over hydrated you dilute the electrolytes in your body too much and it can cause problems too.

Good Luck.