How long have you been using this site?

Options
emom3boys
emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
Hi,
I signed up about 30 minutes ago. I signed up because I finally have motivation to lose weight. My boys have been my motivation in the past, but obviously I needed something bigger since all the weight came back. I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago for allergy issues, she ran updated lab tests and I found out that I'm now in the pre diabetic range. That scares me because I've seen what diabetes has done to my family. My dad has had it for 23 years, he has to give himself insulin shots. Needles scare me. My mother in law has had it and it became severe enough to almost lose her feet. I like my feet. I've also known a coworker to pass away from it. I want to be around for my boys for a long time. They need their mama.

So, how long have you used this site?

Replies

• navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    320 something days here!! July 17th will be my 1year mark and lost 26lbs as of this morning :drinker:
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    just over 110 days - lost 52 pounds, very happy with it
  • PennyLorraine
    PennyLorraine Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just a few days - but for the first time, I'm really feeling like I can lose the weight I want to!
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    About a year & a half. On a 115 day streak right now.
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I've been on here since October 2011....In March, I had some family health issues to deal with, and wasn't constantly logging in.....I really believe logging in my calories and workouts have made all the difference..
  • devguy
    devguy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Since January 2011 I believe and I made it up to 220 days in a row about 9 months ago, then things went to hell in a hand basket and I'm back up to a little over 5 days in a row now.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    I started my lifestyle change on January 14, 2012 when my precious husband had a heart attack. I joined MFP around the first of February and its the best thing I have ever done!
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    150 days for me!
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    62 days. I had tried some other sites, but I like this one the best. It remembers my past days' meals, recent foods, etc. It's just so easy to use. It's got a great, supportive community. I'll be here for a long time.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    85 days and 42 pounds for me. I love this place! Welcome!