best song to run to

Options
C4r4W4de
C4r4W4de Posts: 27 Member
Like most people, good music keeps me running faster and longer. I'm desperately needing some new tunes to motivate me! What are your favorite albums and playlists for running?

Replies

• cmh806
    cmh806 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    " On the floor" Jennifer Lopez
  • Aaron257
    Aaron257 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The Distance by Cake, and Killing in the Name of by Rage Against the Machine.

or if you are no into rock, try Paradise by The Dashboard Lights by Meatloaf, or Sexy and I Know it by LMFAO
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I listen to the whole album called The sun and the moon by The Bravery. I love that album :3
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Album - Bad Meets Evil by Eminem and Royce Da 5-9.

Song - Push it to the Limit by Paul Engemann

There are a bunch of others, but that's a good start :)
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump

I need some new tunes, too!
  • Th3Machine
    Th3Machine Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Eminem - Lose Yourself
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Heavy Metal Lover by Lady Gaga helps me keep a steady pace.
  • SunburNDA
    SunburNDA Posts: 23
    Options
    "Na Na Na" by My Chemical Romance. I'm not a big fan of them normally, but this song has a great, fast beat that syncs well with my footsteps when running at about 6mph.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I use a playlist of songs at the tempo I want my feet to move (168-172 bpm). That way, it feels more like dancing than running.

Most of it's old-school rock (little Richard, Chuck Berry, CCR, etc.). Some of the newer tracks:

Bodysnatchers by Radiohead
    Sabotage by the Beastie Boys
    Salvation by the Cranberries
  • ezramedic
    ezramedic Posts: 119
    Options
    I love running, and my playlist is incredibly eclectic, and no necessarily music I would listen to if I weren't running...

But my favourite running song (at the moment) is "Loaded Gun" by Tyler Hilton.

http://youtu.be/bfpFP5uWemQ
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of his, but I got the song "Stronger" by Kanye West on a workout playlist and it is great to run to.
  • stratusofkiser
    stratusofkiser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I listen to my "bad mood music" it sounds silly but gives me that boost of energy I need. I listen to Eminem, Lil Wayne, Disturbed. Anything a little violent, I guess its because so many people have been negative about my weight loss goals it gives me motivation to say STFU to them :wink: lol
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Good Feeling by FloRida is also a great one
  • xiala
    xiala Posts: 50
    Options
    I like listening to the Black Eyed Peas "Monkey Business" album. It keeps you motivated all throughout!
  • GaryRussell123456
    GaryRussell123456 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    A bit cheesy, but Eye of the Tiger always makes me speed up.
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Dog Days are Over - Florence and the Machine
    Nickelback :-)
    Theory of a Deadman
    Anything upbeat by the Killers
  • JasonD334
    JasonD334 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    There are just too many good songs to list here, but I'll tell you what I do for quality listening while working out. Install Slacker radio on your wireless device (phone, ipad, kindle, etc), and create a station for yourself using only your favorite artists or styles. It takes very little time, and will give you an infinite length playlist for the extra long burns. It's free, and very quick streaming as compared to say Pandora. Anyway, these are my $.02, it works for me and my beast mode sessions.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Paradise by the Dashboard Light - Meatloaf
    Titanium - David Guetta ft. Sia
    Spiderwebs - No Doubt
    Push It - Salt 'N Pepa

Those are my recent favorite additions to my running playlist!

Oh, and if you go to 8tracks.com there are a TON of great playlists to get good ideas.
  • JasonD334
    JasonD334 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Follow Up: You can even search by workout music, and there are already some created stations to listen to. -- Okay, on to the next thread.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    "Rollin" Limp Bizkit