average weight

Options
lawkat
lawkat Posts: 538 Member
I am pretty excited. Today I weighed myself and this is the first time I have not been overweight in my life. I have been working so hard to get to that certain number on the BMI scale. I know the BMI isn't really accurate when judging weight, but to me, it was something to strive for. I still have 20 pounds to lose, but it feels good to have reached it.

Today I am going outlet shopping because I have so little clothing that fits me anymore. I don't even know what size I actually am anymore. I will find out in a few hours.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Replies

• pandyp
    pandyp Posts: 5
    Options
    Congrats! You're going to be shocked when you go shopping!

I recently decided to donate all of my clothes to the women's battered shelter and by a few pieces till the next goal - and shockingly, I've dropped 5 sizes!!! It's a crazy feeling and relish it - you've worked hard and I hope to get to your weight!

Congrats and have fun!:happy:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I am pretty excited. Today I weighed myself and this is the first time I have not been overweight in my life. I have been working so hard to get to that certain number on the BMI scale. I know the BMI isn't really accurate when judging weight, but to me, it was something to strive for. I still have 20 pounds to lose, but it feels good to have reached it.

Today I am going outlet shopping because I have so little clothing that fits me anymore. I don't even know what size I actually am anymore. I will find out in a few hours.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS on all the weight you've lost! :flowerforyou: That's just so fantastic! :happy:
    You are sooooo going to LOVE shopping now, with your MUCH smaller body! :wink: :smile:
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic!! Have a great time shopping. Go and try everything on:)
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Have fun shopping! :drinker:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Thast awesome you rock:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kolney
    kolney Posts: 93
    Options
    Congratulations! Have fun shopping!
  • fishtetris
    Options
    congrats to you. i hit 24.9 on the BMI yesterday myself. first time i haven't been overweight since high school :wink:
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I wanted to say thanks for all of your kind words. I know a lot of people in my life don't understand what a big deal with this is for me. It is just all so strange and I am still having a tough time not thinking of myself as the overweight woman that I have been for pretty much most of my life. Everyday I have to work on myself and eventually I will get to my goal. It is not easy to break the emotional hold that food has over me, but I don't think about it as much.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I wanted to say thanks for all of your kind words. I know a lot of people in my life don't understand what a big deal with this is for me. It is just all so strange and I am still having a tough time not thinking of myself as the overweight woman that I have been for pretty much most of my life. Everyday I have to work on myself and eventually I will get to my goal. It is not easy to break the emotional hold that food has over me, but I don't think about it as much.

I hear you! I don't think I'LL EVER lose the hold that foods have on me. Even though I've lost the weight, I still have my days when I go nutzo over an all you can eat buffet, or a party with friends. If there's LOTS of food, I'm "on it"! :grumble: :laugh: But, luckily, since coming to MFP, I now know that I CAN occasionally pig out, and then I can get right back on track through exercising and "behaving myself"! :smile:
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Enjoy your reward.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, well done. I'll never ever get there,,, :cry:
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    i wish i was one of those people with the high metabolism that can eat whatever they want and not have to worry about it. :sad:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!