itching during and after cardio

Options
hey, am doing alot of zumba classes now, does anyone itch alot during cardio excersing and immidietely after. what does it mean? this makes me loose concentration as am just busting to itch!!!!

Replies

• moham23
    moham23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ps. I dont get any pain after that
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I sometimes itch when running or exercising to begin with when I warm up.
    I put it down to sweating to be honest.
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Could it be the studio where you workout? Do you itch at other times when you exercise at home? Are you putting on powder or something before you work out?
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I've seen it suggested that is actually a natural reaction of your body increasing circulation. Check the runner's forums.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    you could take a bath with 1/2 cup of baking soda to decrease itching.
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This is fine...it happens especially when you are a beginner or returner...sometimes it happens to me when I'm wearing shorts or loose fit shirts, so I go tighter on the tops and run in spandex and it's not as bad...but yeah, Jarrettd is correct...the itchiness is from the increased circulation...no biggie...should go away after a few runs
  • christian_cunningham
    Options
    I notice when I go running that Itch like crazy. It made me stop running until I joined a gym and used the treadmill to run. I didn't itch anymore. I thought it was running against the cold wind that made me itch but i'm not too sure. I have the same troubles.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    It's probably, as mentioned, just a normal activity related itch. If it's worse than that, the itching is significant and you have a rash, you might have exercise urticaria. If that's the case, I believe antihistamines before exercise help.
  • emelypoynter
    Options
    I've been a runner for most of my life, and I still get itchy. (Mostly on my legs) But now that I have taken up spinning, I get it on my chest as well. I was also told it's circulation.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    It's most likely just your clothing rubbing on your skin - it happens to runners and athletes who play many sports. Learn to use Vaseline.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I had that issue when I was using cotton t-shirts to workout in. Once I got some moisture wicking shirts, the itching went away.
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's called cholinergic urticaria. I have it too. I've tried benadryl topical and oral, doesn't work for me!

So, the only thing that helps is not working out outside!

I could literally itch myself to the point of bleeding! :(
  • 10bri10
    10bri10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've also been told its a circulation thing, I had a nurse suggest to me at one point that because mine also is only outside, that when my pores are all opened up and i am sweating that it could be related to increased exposure to allergens. I don't have any evidence for that, but moving to inside worked for me if i want to run