arm fat

Options
Anyone can suggest some good exercises that help with weight lossfor the arms?

Replies

• jacqui250
    jacqui250 Posts: 53
    Options
    I've started light weight training to combat my bingo wings;-) a few bicep curls a day keeps them at bay!
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I hate my bingo wings. I am back to swimming daily to try and help them but I think I am going to have to do some specific arm weights to battle them.
  • jacqui250
    jacqui250 Posts: 53
    Options
    Using the cross trainer had also helped as well :-)
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Strength training and swimming. My bingo wings have disappeared in the last 4 months :-)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce fat. lose weight all over and it will come off. That being said I suggest a well balanced strength training routine.

Best of luck!
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Push ups! You don't need special equipment and it also works your core. http://hundredpushups.com/
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    30DS and push ups have helped mine a lot!!
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Is there a universal Gym where you are? It's a machine with everything all in one - bench presses, lat pull downs, chest presses.etc...it really did the trick for me and you don't need a spotter. The older models don't have dumbells (in which you may need a spotter sometimes)

Other than that I could suggest resistance bands?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce fat. lose weight all over and it will come off. That being said I suggest a well balanced strength training routine.

Best of luck!

^^this
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    A combination of lots of cardio and kettlebells got my flabtastic arms in shape - swear by those bells!
  • lmasetto
    lmasetto Posts: 1
    Options
    I am a Pilates teacher and the best way of losing those tuckshop lady arms is to take up Pilates. Resistance Strength training using your own body weight is the key and I swear you will create long lean muscles and your whole body will change shape if you do three workouts a week. Go find your nearest Pilates class - it is fabulous.
  • Emilit_uk
    Emilit_uk Posts: 87
    Options
    Agreed, Pilates works a treat!

You do have to pair this with plenty of cardio and a clean diet to melt that fat though, good luck!
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options

Best of luck!

*nods*
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Boxing is good cardio and targeted workout for the arms, shoulders, chest and core. Also gives you really nice toned arms :bigsmile:
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options

Best of luck!

I don't agree with this. I have no proof except if you work one muscle ONLY it will change. Pilates is a great workout with amazing benefits. You can make a difference. :happy:
  • momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    Options
    Bingo wings! That is funny and so true! I was complaining about mine the other day and my 17 yr old football playing son had me doing PUSH UPS! I hate them but it is working! :wink:
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Lol... bingo wings?
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Lol... bingo wings?

Think of all the old grannies waving their loose skinned saggy arms in the air and shouting bingo down the local community centre. They are the nickname I use for the flabby bits under your arms.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Lol... bingo wings?

Think of all the old grannies waving their loose skinned saggy arms in the air and shouting bingo down the local community centre. They are the nickname I use for the flabby bits under your arms.

OHHH! LOL hahaha. I was like, "What?" :laugh: