Would love new friends on this board! Anyone want to add?

Options
I have been a member of this board for a long time, but have never really known how to use the site...I need Fitness Pal buddies!! I have lost 89 pounds over the past 10 years and still have 90 to go!

Back in 2001, I had Gastric Bypass surgery which resulted in a good amount of weightloss, but I did re-gain and went on a quest for a healthier way! I literally have done every program on the planet and even had my weightloss journey documented on a Canadian TV show called "X-Weighted". To say the least things have been a struggle, but I feel like I am finally on my way down again!

I have lost an additional 43 pounds since January and I feel FANTASTIC!! SO EXCITED that my goal is getting closer and closer but I know it will only be easier with a little help and support from people who understand the struggle with obesity!!

SO...please add!!! I would love to get to know so many of you and share in celebrating our health and happiness!

Replies

• ivkillorn
    ivkillorn Posts: 7
    Options
    Just added you :)
  • twinmom2006
    Options
    Thanks Isabelle.....!!!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Adding you as well. Interested in your journey. Welcome to MFP!
  • felicity_phillips
    Options
    Added you :)
  • twinmom2006
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • Naturally_sassy0525
    Naturally_sassy0525 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just added you what an amazing story and welcome!!!
  • kamanda85
    kamanda85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Just added you as well!
  • kfleming35
    Options
    you can add me im new to this site
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Added :)
  • RCtransformed
    Options
    Hello. I'd love to add you, but I'm so new that I don't know how to "add" (eek!). could you tell me how to do that?

I stayed up til 2am last night getting set up & was even going to excercise at that time because I was so committed that I figured I'd hit the "complete the entry" button for this day (I had already put in that I excercised for 1/2 hour knowing that I would do that) and when I looked at the message it gave me below after hitting enter, I was upset :( and didn't end up excercising. I went over & over it & can't figure out why it said "you should GAIN 1.5 lbs in 5 weeks!". Ugh!

When I filled out the questionaire, it said I should be losing .5 lbs each week with the #'s I put in (I'm trying to do it slowly so I acutally live this fit lifestyle and my body is not shocked). Does anyone know why it's telling me this? I logged everything I ate yesterday for the first time ever & was so dissapointed. I do plan to excercise today & keep going, but I hate seeing that I'll gain weight! How could it say that I'd "loose" on one page & "gain" when I complete my food diary? BTW, I was 3 calories under my total for the day.

Also, does anyone know what "bump" means. and how do I get back to that "questionaire" place to plug in different #'s if I need to in the future?

OK, just one more ?.... If I'd like to keep my blog private for awhile till I feel more confident, does anyone know how to do that?

Thank you SO much and look forward to having friends on this journey! I've been plagued with 15 -20 lbs for so many years and would love to tuck in my shirts and look hot for my 50th b-day which is less than a year away. I just want to be the lean, fit & strong woman I've dreamed about for the rest of my life & not be plagued with the extra padding anymore. It will be a bday gift to myself :)
  • Busymomo5
    Busymomo5 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It sounds like we have a lot in common. I am a stay at home mom with 5 kids. I will add you.
  • RCtransformed
    Options
    I added you! Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • twinmom2006
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!
  • pleytem
    pleytem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just added you too... I too have been a member of MFP for a while but never really used the site as it is intended
  • Anbohn
    Anbohn Posts: 1
    Options
    I am a new member to the FItness Pal and looking for new friends as well. I have already lost 35 lbs on my own just walking an hour every night and now i started doing Zumba 3 nights a week. I haven't used this site before either so this is all new to me.

Right now i have about 20 more lbs to go before i am at my goal weight and good luck to everyone on their journey.
  • alumpoflard
    alumpoflard Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'll add you, I have 83lbs to go, so here for a while yet, it's great to have MFP's with similar goals as you can relate to each others bad days as well as triumphs, good luck :-)
  • RCtransformed
    Options
    Has anyone listened to the Fat 2 Fit podcasts on iTunes? It's really great. Influenced by what they talked about in a podcast, I'm logging in my notes on my Food Diary 4 things based on a scale of 1 to 10: 1) Food Goals 2) Exercise Goals 3) Motivation: & finally 4) Feeling: (how you're feeling that day, ie. tired, sad, sick, strong etc.)

Their philosophy is to live the lifestyle of the fit person you plan to be. Practice it everyday (hence logging how you're doing on your goals).

I'm playing my food diary like Angry Birds! I'm going for the #'s & aiming to get 10 out of 10 on my goals, plus keeping track of how I feel each day.

Hope everyone is doing well!:heart:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have 200 to shed. I am doing it with old fashioned healthy eating and exercise.
  • LuckBeWithU
    LuckBeWithU Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Add Coming Your Way.....:smile:
  • Jenn9591
    Jenn9591 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am a new member to the fitnesspal and also looking for new friends. I have yet to loose any weight yet, but I am eating better and doing flirty girl fitness a couple times a week. Keep up the good work :flowerforyou: and I sent you an Add