Spectacular Shredders (start Aug 1st) all welcome!

Options
I had asked some questions about other's success using the 30 day shred video and there was some interest in starting a little group starting in August so that we could all support/motivate and share with each other. Here is the new thread I promised.

Anyone who would like to join us is of course welcome!

Let's get after it or in some cases...continue getting after it! Good luck and let us know how it is going!

I will be doing my workout a little later today but will still be doing some modifications because of my hamstring/calf injury. To top that off, I was at the lake playing in the water with my son and tripped and gave myself a lovely 'road' rash up the shine of that same leg! lol That poor leg just can't catch a break!

How is everyone else doing?

Replies

• m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!! Excited to get started with ths. I may not get the shred in today, Today is my run day and then I have plans to walk with a friend later today. Will definitely get it in tomorrow if not. Excited to meet everyone in the group.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'm on day ten today. I am too scared to go to 2 so I am sticking with the first one until I am really bored! This will be fun. I have had great success just in the last ten days! I feel skinnier. Good luck everyone!:bigsmile:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I just finished it and did all three levels consecutively yesterday. Going on to the "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism" DVD today- I'll let you guys know how I do with it- if I survive!:laugh: :laugh:
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I just recieved my 30 day shred from netflix yesterday and planned on starting it today. I'm glad I found a group to do it with. I'm a little nervous to start it because I haven't really push myself on the strength training since I had to quit my bootcamp in March. I only have a few pounds left to lose and I hope that this is what will get me there.

I will check back in after my workout this afternoon.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    want to get this in my faves! I'm not sure if I'm going to start today though, my legs are super sore, waaay too much running past few days, plus my little cousins have been over, so its been piggy backs and child dead lifts haha!

So I think I'll start tomorrow, and just do some jumping jacks today :tongue:
  • cboehm
    cboehm Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I am in for sure - I will be starting the 30 day shred video today I have been doing the No More Trouble Zones for the past week & half and it is a great workout I can not wait to start the shred as well !!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    I am in for sure - I will be starting the 30 day shred video today I have been doing the No More Trouble Zones for the past week & half and it is a great workout I can not wait to start the shred as well !!!

That's a good one too. I have the Shred, and the No More Trouble Zones & Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. Jillian has a way of kicking your *kitten* into gear, doesn't she?
  • m2kjenn
    Options
    I really like Jilians attitude. She really motivates me, she's not too girly and just really supportive. So far I've loved all her stuff.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great idea!! I too have leg "issues" with my tendonitis, so I'll not be doing all the bouncing that's required, but I promise to keep my heart rate up & will start on Sunday!! :bigsmile:
  • dferguson
    Options
    I am definitely in!! It will be nice to have some support. Good luck all!!
  • cboehm
    cboehm Posts: 462 Member
    Options

That's a good one too. I have the Shred, and the No More Trouble Zones & Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. Jillian has a way of kicking your *kitten* into gear, doesn't she?

I love Banish the Fat Boost the Metabolism it kicked my butt for sure - I love love her workout I always feel so great after it is over even if Iam cursing at her while I do it. lol
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    Hi Fellow Shredders!

I just started level 1 this morning. What a workout!

Thanks for all the info on the previous post.

I, too, enjoy Jillian's style - and the length of the workout is perfect!

I can't wait to see what the next 30 days will bring!

~M
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Okay - so this thread really got me excited & instead of waiting for Sunday, I figured why not start today!! It is August 1st, after all!!

Day 1 - Level 1 - phew!!! great workout!! :wink:

Good luck everyone!! I can't wait to hear from you all!!
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    woo hoo....Im so excited that this group got started. Im going to go for a run. its week 3 of my couch to 5km and then i'll do the shred but Im still on level one. Im hoping to move up soon to level too but now I have much more motivation.....MY BOYFRIEND ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM TONIGHT so i am so motivated tolook great when I have to go dress shopping in a few months!!!!

I feel so excited to keep going with the shred. it makes me feel so strong and successful. Good luck to everyone who is a part of spectacular shredders!!!! thanks picadilly for starting this :)
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Maddibabe!!! How exciting! Congratulations! Were you expecting that? Details! Details!

Sanifrey...good for you! I am so glad that this thread had such an impact! Wow...I hope it continues to be.

To everyone else....you guys are AWSOME! I can hardly believe the turnout for this. I am so excited!

I did not work out too hard with this today, my leg was killing me and I tried to squeeze it in between moving my oldest son and taking my youngest to a birthday party and cleaning house. It was a very busy day!

Now it is night night time! lol I am going to get my workout in first thing in the morning so I don't get a chance to get all achy and busy before I do the shred. I think this is a much better strategy for me.
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I was sooo not expecting it today but I am so excited for it! It is such a motivation for me to keep persevering....and the best part is that I only went over my day by 272 calories including a drink afterwards with friends! i thought that was DEFINATE control and improvement from a few weeks ago lol!

the ring is so beautiful and sparkly. I've never seen anything like it before! he is an amazing guy and i think he is going to start doing the shred after he is done work for the day before i get home for dinner lol so you never know....he may get into it too. he is already planning more healthy means for us for this week/weeknd too!
  • m2kjenn
    Options
    I was sooo not expecting it today but I am so excited for it! It is such a motivation for me to keep persevering....and the best part is that I only went over my day by 272 calories including a drink afterwards with friends! i thought that was DEFINATE control and improvement from a few weeks ago lol!

the ring is so beautiful and sparkly. I've never seen anything like it before! he is an amazing guy and i think he is going to start doing the shred after he is done work for the day before i get home for dinner lol so you never know....he may get into it too. he is already planning more healthy means for us for this week/weeknd too!

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting, sounds like a fantastic guy. Good for you and the positive life changes you are making, that's what its all about, still have fun, but find a better, healthier way.

I'm loving this group too. I did my 1st run of couch 2 5k week two last night, so proud of myself for getting through it, then came home and did the shred 1, it is amazing to see my endurance change every day. I love it.

Best to all!!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    I did the Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism DVD today, and I have one word for it (actually two words): Holy $#%!

What a great workout though. Definitely worth a try. If you keep up with it and be consistent, you will see results.
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    I did the phase 1 yesterday - and was FINE! I woke up this morning, though, and was SO stiff. It was painful to walk down the stairs. I persevered, though and did the shred again today. (and took 600 mg of ibuprofen LOL)

I've heard different things from different people regarding pounds versus inches lost. I'm planning on covering all my bases and taking my measurements!

Hope you're all doing well!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    Does anyone know if the 30 day Shred that is on "On Demand" with my cable provided for free is the same one as the DVD you buy in the store?