Should I really be eating that many calories?

Options
Jotell
Jotell Posts: 139 Member
So, I just started really going at the MFP two days ago. And I have joined my gym's Biggest Loser 2 weeks ago tomorrow (Monday) and have lost 4 pounds last week and have not lost any since then. I work out pretty hard core and burn an average of 500 cals per work out. I had been keeping my calorie intake between 900-1500 a day and haven't lost anything since last week. So, I joined this since some of my team members use MFP and figured I'd give it a try. I added my exercise and food for the diary and it's telling me to eat 2100 calories when I work out and 1200 cals when I don't. I guess I'm confused and wouldn't think I should/need to eat THAT many calories a day... Anyone have suggestions?

Replies

• Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You should eat back what you burnt.

MFP should give you your TDEE which is the amount of calories you should be eating to do everyday activities and such. So let's say you are working out 5 days a week on average. You would input your weight, height, age and select the appropriate activity level for you. So you could pick Active as your activity level or something. It will give you the amount of calories you should be eating. Then you select your calorie deficit, only try losing about 1lb a week at most. This will drop your calorie goal from your TDEE by 500 calories a day.

So let's say your TDEE is 2100 calories without a deficit, you set how much you want to lose which is 1lb a week and it would lower the amount you should eat to 1600 calories a day.