Anime before a Workout

Options
Who watches anime before they go workout? I DO!

Team Gurren:

You dumbass! kick logic out and do the impossible. Remember that. That's the way Team Gurren roles!!!

Got to love animated motivation!

Replies

• _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I sometimes watch it during a workout by streaming Netflix on my Nook while on my elliptical.
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    i've watched previous episodes that i've seen before when i'm working out. i can't watch new episodes when i'm on treadmill or elliptical
  • ONE03
    ONE03 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    lol, not me. i'd never workout!
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    It's not the greatest motivator as it tends to make me want to stay and watch more and more. Even the series I've watched a number of times.
  • Nfairley
    Nfairley Posts: 84
    Options
    I used to listen to things from Bleach while I walked, made everything super intense lol
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Lol yup! And I'm even more motivated to work out since my friend and I want to cosplay in August. ^^
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    Man the intros from Bleach were so good and exciting. I use to have a cd of just the intros, they were all good up to a certain point.
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    That's actually one of my motivators as well....my main overall goal is to be Kratos for halloween next year. I have not seen a good Kratos yet and that's what my overall goal for workout. I want to look like the GOD OF WAR!
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, what series are you into?

I am loving!! One Piece right now :D
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I watch Naruto. Never tried it before a workout, though. I feel like Rock Lee when doing burpees-- "If I can't finish this interval, I'll have to do an interval of plank jacks! If I can't finish an interval of plank jacks, I'll have to do an interval of cross hops!"

dattebayo!

RockLee2.jpg
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Nope but Anime music is great to workout or do anything exciting and active to! :) Cosplay is a big weight loss motivator for sure.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I watch Naruto. Never tried it before a workout, though. I feel like Rock Lee when doing burpees-- "If I can't finish this interval, I'll have to do an interval of plank jacks! If I can't finish an interval of plank jacks, I'll have to do an interval of cross hops!"

dattebayo!

RockLee2.jpg

That's what I do.

Also, when my body is sore from working out the previous day, I work out even harder to punish it for being a pu ssy. And there was one time that I hurt my fingers on my right hand, but still wanted to lift. So I was walking to the gym saying "You hurt?! Well, suck it up, b!tch, cuz we're still lifting, dammit!" It was like a little pep-talk.

I sometimes watch anime while working out, but since I started lifting and not doing much with the elliptical, I don't do it much anymore. And when I do get on the elliptical, I choose the one in front of the TV in the gym that's playing The Big Bang Theory or sometimes even Dr Oz. Not a huge fan of him, but who cares? It's still more entertainment than being there for 45 minutes without Dr Oz.
  • desert_rhino
    desert_rhino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I haven't... but I might fire up netflix on the phone while I'm at the gym later and try something new. :) Only regret is that it would be English dub. :(
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    My favorite running mix is all from Naruto.
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    After this topic I decided to create a rock lee type workout on Sundays since it's my 6th day and I tend to just do cardio and body weight. I'll start like 25 pull ups, can't do this, 25 burpees, cant do those, then 25 squats and so on. do that twice around.
  • ONE03
    ONE03 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm about to workout and will look for a Rock Lee dedicated MV on youtube beforehand. :laugh:
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    how did the rock lee mv workout?
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    I haven't... but I might fire up netflix on the phone while I'm at the gym later and try something new. :) Only regret is that it would be English dub. :(

English dub isn't horrible on all of them. I preferred the english over the japanese voices when i watched FullMetal Alchemist
  • OlearyGirl
    OlearyGirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OMG! all of you are my new heroes! Please friend me! I usually watch anime after working out as a reward of working so hard. I never thought to watch it while excercising or before hand to get pumped up- totally going to try it out! thank you! :laugh:
  • aussiegirl1990
    aussiegirl1990 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'd love to watch it during a work out but I can't so I watch it after. Naruto will always be one of my favourites, but lately I've been getting into the older ones, like Sailormoon :D