I passed it up!

Options
I am a pharmacist in a grocery store and today is the 2 year anniversary of the stores' reopening (it was closed and torn down and rebuilt). So there is food everywhere! Samplings of everything you could imagine. And they had a huge cake for customers and employees. I turned it down. I NEVER turn down dessert. I'm so proud of myself for not giving in. Willpower is my biggest downfall so I am so happy I didn't give in!!

Replies

• samantha115
    Options
    woo hoo. i dont know if i could have been as stong as you.
  • smiles04
    smiles04 Posts: 44
    Options
    WOW! :tongue: great job! you should be super proud of yourself!
  • mellieking
    Options
    cheerleader-1.gif
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    Yay! What willpower! :bigsmile:
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    I think you're going to have to make a BIG CHANGE in your life because you're going to have to quit saying "Willpower is my biggest downfall" and "I never turn down dessert"

Those two statements about yourself are HISTORY!

You showed YOU'VE GOT THE WILLPOWER to do whatever it takes to meet your goal weight!

:flowerforyou: Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I have this HUGE problem- Free food always tastes better. I may not buy that cake, but when presented to me for free...oh my. lol
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I have this HUGE problem- Free food always tastes better. I may not buy that cake, but when presented to me for free...oh my. lol

Free food ALWAYS tastes better, I definately agree.

Great job on avoiding temptation. Keep up the awesome work! :drinker:
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    your will power will only get stronger...good for you.:smile:
  • kolney
    kolney Posts: 93
    Options

No kidding. And b/c they sample everything here, it's so easy to just walk around and grab little bites of everything. I have not had anything today. There has been cheese, cake, shrimp, ribs, chicken, smoothies, frozen coffee drinks all to sample. And I have not had any!!!

Woohoo!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    0002034F.gif
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You success is inspiring! I just joined today. I'm afriad of failure because failure has become a habit the past 10 months. Had baby #1 and lost all the extra weight (60lbs), had baby#2 and was well on my way losing when we had a surprise pregnancy. Then lost the baby just before going into the second trimester. I have been a complete failure at getting the rest of the weight off and I am really down about it. I feel stuck. My sister has lost 18 pounds so far doing this and I am SO jealous. She looks GREAT. I thought I would give it a try. Wish me the belief that I can and the will to get it done!! I admire your success!!
  • kolney
    kolney Posts: 93
    Options
    You success is inspiring! I just joined today. I'm afriad of failure because failure has become a habit the past 10 months. Had baby #1 and lost all the extra weight (60lbs), had baby#2 and was well on my way losing when we had a surprise pregnancy. Then lost the baby just before going into the second trimester. I have been a complete failure at getting the rest of the weight off and I am really down about it. I feel stuck. My sister has lost 18 pounds so far doing this and I am SO jealous. She looks GREAT. I thought I would give it a try. Wish me the belief that I can and the will to get it done!! I admire your success!!

First of all...I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how that feels. ((((())))) (that's my idea of a hug!) I'm sure losing weight wasn't your first priority after suffering a loss like that.

Second...you CAN do it!! This site is awesome. If you ever need inspiration or just an encouraging word, you will get it here! There are so many knowledgable people on this site!

Good luck!!
  • weightoffmom
    weightoffmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Anytime you can walk away from a "FAV" that is a gold star moment. Good for you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!