Metabolism & Loosing Weight

Options
Im starting to wonder if what caused you to gain the weight in the first place plays a factor in the best way to loose it.

Just a bit of my background...I am 5 foot tall exactly. Throughout age 20 to 26ish I weighed anywhere from 95 to 110 pounds. I got tons of exercise each day but I also ate all throughout the day anything that I wanted. Im not sure what my calorie intake was but I know it was ALOT...ate junk food and fast food just about all the time. Due to my exercise though...or metabolism, I never gained. Then around age 27 I stopped exercising, had some major life changes in my life during that time and I became busy with life, kids and husband. I quit taking care of myself. I was no longer active but I also stopped eating. Since then, I never exercised or got much activity at all, and I only ate on average once to twice a day....maybe taking in a total of about 600 calories a day in food. I also drank tons of coke and if I was out of coke it was sweet tea...very sweet tea. Since age 27 the pounds have slowly added up on me till now I have 60 pounds on me and I disgust myself.

With that being said, I have started drinking alot of water...at least 8 glasses a day. I exercise twice a day. I have been trying to stay right at the 1200 mark for calories although depending on the day I can go a bit more or a bit less than that. But my exercise always goes way over the amount I take in, I think on average I have about 700 extra calories remaining that I could use if I wanted due to the exercise. I try to eat a breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. Thats what I have been aiming for anyways lol. My coke and tea have dwindled drastically...usually only 1 or 2 a day. My official first weigh in will be in the morning...it will be a week since I have started, but I weigh myself every day and so far I havent even lost 1 pound:( I know this can take time but not seeing anything versus all this work Im putting into it makes me a bit discouraged. Is there something that I need to be doing? Or something I need to stop doing? If your metabolism is severely messed up does it take that a bit longer to get back to normal before you do start to loose?

My diary is open to any who wants to look at it, I kept it like that so that it would make me more accountable lol. I am welcome to any suggestions, tips, insights, etc Even if its just to say...sometimes it takes time and hang in there:)

Replies

• robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Just an idea- and I'm not sure- please remember- I'm not an expert here by any means~ but it seems like you are taking in alot of your calories in the evenings. I try to spread mine out more evenly over the day so that I'm 300 for breakfast- 100 for snack- 300 lunch- 100 snack- 300 dinner- 100-140 snack. Also- maybe exchange the white starches for wheat? I'm not a big wheat person at all- would much rather have my white bread anyday- but I have noticed it does make a difference- also keeping calories more even throughout teh day- keeps my blood sugars a little more even and keeps me full throghout the day- and I'm only 5'3 so I completely understand! I usually try to eat back about 40-50% of my exercise calories as well- our body needs the fuel to keep going. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you like and we can continue to exchange ideas and keep each other motivated and give tips :)