50+ and trying to loose weight

Options
lizmil79
lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
Hi I am a 50 year old woman. Mother of a teenager, married have over 150lbs to loose. Joints hurt from strain that my weight puts on them..Changing a lifetime of bad habits. Want my next 50 years to be healthy and have a good quality of life. Looking for others who are where I am at either by weight or age. how do you get your metabolism going, change life time habits, also deal with family, friends as you are trying to change?

Replies

• skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My fitness pal. :smile:
  • beccapink
    beccapink Posts: 28
    Options
    Well welcome and good for you ;-) you can add me if you want for more friend support.... try recipes from hungry girl and Dr. oz they have helped me a lot ;-):tongue:
  • EllenGould
    EllenGould Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you've made the first step to getting healthier. You can add me for friend support
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    sent you a friend request, try www.skinnytaste.com and www.genaw.com for some great recipes!
  • blandwriter
    blandwriter Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Change a lifetime of bad habits one day (sometimes, one moment) at a time. Recognize that change takes time (and patience), so try to treat yourself with kindness. Recognize that change will cause others to feel uncomfortable.

I try to just focus on the day in front of me (vs the scale, or how many times I've failed, or how many pounds to go). Planning is enormously important.

Lots of supportive people here. Good luck!
  • colibri25
    colibri25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome aboard! I am over 50 too and I am changing my habits. Slowly, following my body needs, I am getting in shape to live 50 more years. I started running, with "Couch to 5 K" and I never thought I could do it.... but I did and now I am jogging 30 minutes with proudness. You can add me for friend support.
  • KatNunya
    KatNunya Posts: 14
    Options
    I just joined today, am 52 and need to lose over 100 lbs. I need all the friends (and help!) I can get!
  • Slynderize
    Slynderize Posts: 25
    Options
    I just turned 50 in March, so I understand! Add me if you like!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I am a 50 something:wink: gal with about 50 left to lose. Send a friends request if you like!