1400 Calories Per Day?

Options
jdragione
jdragione Posts: 18 Member
Hello all.

So I have quite a bit of weight I want to lose and MFP tells me I should be eating almost 3000 calories per day but I have been eating around 1400 and doing just fine. I do not feel hungry at all and am eating non stop. Is what I am doing bad? Here is my typical daily food intake:

7A To 9A
- Gnc - Lean Shake (Healthy Meal Replacement) Chocolate, 2 scoops

9A to 11A
- Gnc Total Lean - Fruit & Veggies - Harvest Berry, 1 Scoop

11A to 1P
- Perdue Fit-N-Easy - Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, 2.8 oz
- Uncle Ben's Ready Rice - Whole Grain-Brown, 1 cup
- Dannon Light N Fit - Raspberry Yogurt 170 g (6 oz), 170 g
- Peach - Corrected by Jmn - Large Peach, 1 (157g)

1P To 3P
- Gnc - Lean Shake (Healthy Meal Replacement) Chocolate, 2 scoops

DINNER
- Red Rome - Apple, 1 Medium Apple (154 g)
- Perdue Fit-N-Easy - Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, 5.6 oz (2 of them)
- Uncle Ben's Ready Rice - Whole Grain-Brown, 1 cup

This comes out to 1,358 calories per MFP. This is a LOT of food.

So is this going to end up hurting me more than helping? Because to me I am never hungry, and sometimes I am even forcing myself to eat this much. I am also 6'4 and 330 lbs so I know I am supposed to be eating probably double the calories but to me this seems to be fine. Thanks for your responses.

Replies

• thedodgeruk
    thedodgeruk Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    3000 , that seams a hell of a lot , what your hiehhgt and current weight
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like a lot of food to me, it looks like a lot of meal replacements. Anything against real food? You don't have any veg listed.

At your height and weight you should be eating more. At LEAST 2500. 3000 doesn't seem like a stretch AT ALL at your height. You may feel fine now, but the amount you're eating isn't sustainable and will catch up with you. You may also permanantly slow your metabolism.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I always wonder how people can eat all those protein shakes for every meal. I have at most two a day and that's only when I can't get actual food. Anyway, how many calories do you burn every day from exercise? What kind do you do (more cardio or more weights?)
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    They said they are 6'4" and 330 pounds.