Over 40 needs help!

Options
13»

Replies

• katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Add me, I turned 41 a few months back, I Promised myself I'd get healthy etc before I turned 40, so, just a little late there, but all in all the Forties are Fabulous!
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Oh, to add, you may want to explore MPF to see what activities members like. I love TRX and Pilates, and learned about Turbo Fire here. I like using MPF boards as my research tools - everyone is very supportive and share their "been there done that" opinion (and questions)...no BS :)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    This site is so helpful! I'm 50 and I'm almost at my new goal.....if i can do it anyone can!!
  • tyfferz
    tyfferz Posts: 4
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I'm about to turn 41 in a matter of a few weeks :)

My encouragement to you is to take it one day at a time :) There is a good motivational quote for fitness, "It took you more than one day to put this weight on, so it will take more than one day to take it all off...keep going".

I started back in August with a boot camp trainer and her advice to me was to eat moderately as well as healthy, exercise consistently and don't give up.

It's now June and I love what I'm doing (Running, High Intensity Interval Training with TRX suspension training).

Throughout my fitness journey, I actually realized that I love running and have so far entered 2 races (15k and 10k) but I'm a beginner runner :)

Just don't lose heart :) stay consistent and you'll see progress.:smile:
  • calimoma
    calimoma Posts: 64
    Options
    i am turning 40 in september and i am struggling starying on track!! if you need friends add me!!!
  • ldritc
    ldritc Posts: 6
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am also over 40. I used to be able to drop weight by just thinking about it. Now I am working my butt off, except it won't leave!!! I feel your pain!