Sports Bra Question (Ladies)

Options
I'm looking for suggestions. I wear a D cup and I have to wear two sports bras to work out otherwise I am all over the place. Does anyone know of a good support sport bra?

Replies

• aralis36
    aralis36 Posts: 20
    Options
    good question..I am a DD and have yet to find one that actually works!! LOL
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My dad's girlfriend bought it for me when I was in high school, so I don't remember what brand it is; but I feel your pain!

I'm a 34DD, which is apparently a rare band/cup combo. No sports bra would work. I got my current sports bra from ****'s Sporting Goods, and it straps me in like my life depends on it. I've had it for about seven years now (almost eight); and it hasn't given up on me since.

Try ****'s Sporting Goods...they're a God send! :tongue:
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I got an Under-armor one that is awesome.
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am a 34/36DDD and I have tried many sports bras. My two current favorites are:

Moving Comfort Fiona bra -- this is a major masher but it WILL hold you in place! It comes in lots of cute colors and looks like a bra top so if the straps are visible it doesn't matter.

Moving Comfort Luna bra -- this is also very supportive but actually gives you some shape. I can wear it for most work-outs and it doesn't look bad under regular clothes i.e. you could wear it to work too. It also comes in cute colors.

The largest size they sell is a DD but that works for me. I have a 34DD in both these styles and they get the job done.
  • denise4230
    denise4230 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am a D cup and have using the champion brand for several years and like them very much. They come in different degrees of support/stay power and I buy the max. I do sports that involve a lot of bouncing, so good support is a must. some of my other more well-endowed friends in karate also swear by the Zoot brand sports bras, but they can be a bit pricey for me.
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    If you invest in an Ennelle, I guarantee your girls will be immobile. The bra is like a corset that holds everything in place through a series of snaps in the front. trust me, they won't move. At all. Ever.
  • wlaurel
    wlaurel Posts: 43
    Options
    I was a D cup as well before I lost weight, and there was only ONE sports bra that supported me effeciently. Just jump up and down in the dressing room next time you go shopping for one to see if it supports ou enough :) With all of my other sports bras I wear a regular bra underneith (its a lot more comfortable than two sports bras).
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I have tried different bras.... but the best solution I've come up with is to wear a regular bra and a sports bra over it. That's what I've been doing for months, and it works great!! ((On a side note, I started at a 46ddd and now I'm a 40d))
  • ahanov
    ahanov Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I second the moving comfort Fiona bra. I have been wearing that one for ages, including while nursing. I'm naturally a 34DD so when I was nursing and a 40DDD it still kept me from bouncing around.

Love it!
  • dreyababy
    dreyababy Posts: 1
    Options
    I second the Under Armour. I was wearing two sprts bras until i found this one. They are pricey though (starting at about $45), but very worth it!
  • Laylasmom77
    Laylasmom77 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas!!
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I am a 34/36DDD and I have tried many sports bras. My two current favorites are:

Moving Comfort Fiona bra -- this is a major masher but it WILL hold you in place! It comes in lots of cute colors and looks like a bra top so if the straps are visible it doesn't matter.

Moving Comfort Luna bra -- this is also very supportive but actually gives you some shape. I can wear it for most work-outs and it doesn't look bad under regular clothes i.e. you could wear it to work too. It also comes in cute colors.

The largest size they sell is a DD but that works for me. I have a 34DD in both these styles and they get the job done.

YES. Moving Comfort Fiona-- squishes 'em down and lets you run.
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber! It's amazing
  • Lynn_SD
    Lynn_SD Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wacoal '855170' Underwire Sports Bra, just discovered it at Nordstrom. I'm a 38DDD and it fits perfectly. Does away with "uniboob" look and is extremely comfortable. I just discovered it, bought 3 for the summer, you can order online Nordstrom website. Sizing goes up to a 40H (5D).
  • Farmgirl67
    Farmgirl67 Posts: 54
    Options
    Bump
  • Vicki685
    Vicki685 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Another vote here for shock absorber, especially there level 4b range for running and hi impact. I vary between a 36dd (UK) and 32e (UK) depending on weight and nothing moves when I'm wearing one of these bras and they don't squish you (although the style I wear does leave you with a sort 1950s cone type bust shape). Just make sy=ure its a good tight fit before you buy.
  • gigglediva
    gigglediva Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The moving comfort Juno is the best I have found! Good luck! It is worth the extra money!
  • sonniedee
    sonniedee Posts: 26
    Options
    I also recommend Moving Comfort Fiona....I'm a large 36D.
  • iroze
    iroze Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Glamorise Sports Bra at JCPEnney. I'm a 36D myself and it's a little loose even, but nothing is bouncing in it and I'm very happy with my purchase.
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    Moving Comfort makes amazing bras - don't buy white because they will discolour on you, but they will hold you like no other!

I used to wear 2 bras too - holy chaffing and sweating! The Fiona changed that for me. Yay!