Would freezing yogurt

Options
make it lose any nutritional value?
I've got a few containers of Yoplait 99% Fat Free Orange Cream Yogurt sitting in the freezer.
They're yummy and take about 40 minutes to eat (so it forces me to eat slowly). They're my sort of ice cream thing.

But it occurred to me, would freezing the yogurt take out nutritional value?
I haven't done anything to the yogurt, except put it in the freezer.
Just a thought.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't thawed the yogurt at all, either. I just pull it straight from the freezer, and scoop off little shavings at a time with my spoon. :happy:

Replies

9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    You can freeze a cup of yogurt. A cup of yogurt that has been frozen and thawed will have a different look and texture than fresh yogurt. The cultures become dormant when frozen, but once thawed either in the refrigerator or by your body heat when ingested; they will become live and active once again. There will be a few cultures that do die, but there are so many billions in our products, that it is truly insignificant.
  • shaleah77
    Options
    I dunno, but I did see a yoplait comercial yesterday where they were showed putting a cup of yogurt in the freezer from their 'whips' line. Looked pretty yummy to me! So yummy (and lo cal) I wouldn't care! :laugh:
  • cellorocker
    Options
    I actually tried one of the Whips... didn't really like it.
    But maybe I'll have to try it again, frozen this time.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    that is such a good idea, im gonna put mine in the freezer
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I bought the whips after a thread I read about freezing it. I froze a chocolate, orange cream, and key lime. I didn't care for the chocolate one, the orange cream was great and I haven't tried the key lime yet.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Freeze away! you clever girl you! Eating slow is a key to eating less! and getting a nutritious Ice cream substitute while you are at it! I am going to do that! Thanks for the great Idea. I will mix my plain yogurt with my berries, no sugar, then freeze! next time hubby tempts me with ice cream out it will come!

yeah!
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I eat the Yoplait light yogurt all the time, but I never thought about freezing them. Good idea, I'm gonna try that right now!:bigsmile: