green bell pepper ideas?

Options
peacefulsong
peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
I have a green bell pepper plant in my yard, and from the looks of things it's going to give me quite a few peppers. So, I'm looking for ideas for how to use them. I put them in salads now, and have made stuffed peppers in the past. Any other ideas? Particularly ones that don't involve a big complicated recipe.

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i use them quite a bit.

stuffed peppers
    sausage and peppers and onions
    stir fry
    dice up finely and put in meatloaf (i also put carrot and other veg in my meatloaf)
  • blondiebonce
    Options
    I reckon you could wack them in with most things. Maybe chopped up small in rice, cous cous, quinoa? My mum makes an awesome recipe- it's like pizza but without the sauce or cheese, you put strips of bell peppers on, with maybe a little bit of olive oil and the time in the oven obviously softens them. Find this a great grab and go snack/meal without masses of calories :)
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Make your own sloppy joe mix, fajitas, breakfast burritos....
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you can also add them in pasta/tomato sauce
  • citygirl4ever
    citygirl4ever Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    This will work with either chicken or beef. Cut chicken or beef into strips. Slice onions (white or yellow - doesn't matter), tomatoes, peppers (in your case green but your can use the red, yellow or little bit of each pepper). Heat your skillet with a 1/2 tbl of veg oil (you may need more but start with 1/2). Saute the onion until they get a slight color, than saute the peppers until they soften and than the tomatoes. Remove from the pan and add the chicken or beef. Saute the meet for about 5 mins or when they get some color and then add the vegetables. Continue to cooking until the meet is no longer raw. Don't forget to add salt and pepper as you are cooking. I usually add salt to the raw meet and to the veg as they are cooking. Please don't ask for measurments. This is a dish that my great grandmother, grandmother and mother use to make when they were short on time. So, I just learned by sight. Usually I just add how ever much I have on hand and what I like. I hope this helps.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I eat them just like an apple.......