Be The Change!! :)

Options
Today Dad and I watched this reality tv series about morbidly obese people who get gastric bypass surgery that changes their lives. This guy was 1034 pounds (emotional eater- gained weight after him and a partner split up) and he had been living on his floor for 4 years unable to move, bathe, use the bathroom and he had 100lbs of fat on both legs, so much so he couldnt shut his legs. When the people arrived to take him out they said on approaching his house it smelt like a big baby's diaper and moving him caused him so much pain, his organs were being crushed if he barely rolled on his side; they even had to break down a wall in his house because he couldnt fit through the door space.. They eventually got him to the clinic but he had to drop weight before they could operate and he was doing SO WELL! By the time he left the hospital he could stand on his own even if it was for 1 sec and drop back on the bed. His aim when he gets home is to continue his diet and encourage his family to eat better (they live on fast food and dont care).... I know thats alot of info but that inspired me! We all have the strength to do this healthy lifestyle NO MATTER HOW FAR WE'VE GONE!! He dropped about 500lbs and we are walking on our all fours trying to drop 1lb. GUYS WE CAN DO THIS! WE CAN BE THE CHANGE WE NEED TO SEE IN THIS WORLD!!

Replies

• lbergdvm
    lbergdvm Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I watch many of the t.v. programs relating to obesity, and for the most part I find them to be inspiring. I think all of us have it in us to maintain healthy weights and lifestyles, but unfortunately it is a forever thing, and so hard to not go back to old habits. I think having a site like this for support and motivation is helpful.
  • SuperSonz
    SuperSonz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I watch many of the t.v. programs relating to obesity, and for the most part I find them to be inspiring. I think all of us have it in us to maintain healthy weights and lifestyles, but unfortunately it is a forever thing, and so hard to not go back to old habits. I think having a site like this for support and motivation is helpful.

indeed it is :)