Need a new diet plan

Options
I think I am stuck in a rut :grumble: I am stuck at 140, and can't seem to break into the 130's! It is frustrating, because I exercise and eat like I am suppose to, but the weight won't budge anymore. SO I am thinking about going low carb (like 20-30 grams per day). Problem is, I am searching online for a low carb sample menu and can't find any that isn't full of FAT(i'm talking like butter and bacon type fat). Just wondering if anyone has a sample low-carb meal plan I can look at? I am the type of person that needs structure when it comes to my diet, so a set plan is the best approach for me. Any input would be sooooo fabulous!:bigsmile:

Christina

Replies

• kolney
    kolney Posts: 93
    Options
    I did South Beach a few years back and lost about 15 pounds. But it was super hard. I ate lots of eggs, chicken, salad.

Did you research South Beach at all? It's a good lowcarb plan and after the first 2 really strict weeks, you slowly introduce "better" carbs into your diet.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    140 datz my goal weight, i wish I was already their some people have all the luck:grumble: :flowerforyou:
  • Bella151
    Bella151 Posts: 123
    Options
    Hmmm, I may have to look that up. I looked over the Atkins diet, but that was one of those full-fat plans I am not interested in doing. thanks for info!

I did South Beach a few years back and lost about 15 pounds. But it was super hard. I ate lots of eggs, chicken, salad.

Did you research South Beach at all? It's a good lowcarb plan and after the first 2 really strict weeks, you slowly introduce "better" carbs into your diet.
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I think I am stuck in a rut :grumble: I am stuck at 140, and can't seem to break into the 130's! It is frustrating, because I exercise and eat like I am suppose to, but the weight won't budge anymore. SO I am thinking about going low carb (like 20-30 grams per day). Problem is, I am searching online for a low carb sample menu and can't find any that isn't full of FAT(i'm talking like butter and bacon type fat). Just wondering if anyone has a sample low-carb meal plan I can look at? I am the type of person that needs structure when it comes to my diet, so a set plan is the best approach for me. Any input would be sooooo fabulous!:bigsmile:

Christina

Have you tried Zone? http://www.zonediet.com

Susie :flowerforyou:
  • healthychic
    Options
    I am stuck at 140 too, sometimes 137 but usually it goes right back up to 140. UGH!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I am stuck at 140 too, sometimes 137 but usually it goes right back up to 140. UGH!!

145 is my goal weight, but I'd be happy with 150-155.
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    marksdailyapple.com

Protein Power by Dr. Michael Eades

What you'll find is that when you're eating lower carb (or any carb for that matter), fat isn't your foe. It's actually your friend.
  • paulkj
    paulkj Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I was stuck at a plateau for weeks and I tried the low carb (not too low, 100-130 perday) and got immediate results. The only thing I did was to cut out flour based and starchy carbs like breads, tortillas, pretzels and the like while increasing fibrous carbs (broccoli, green beans, red peppers, mushrooms) and 1-2 pieces of fruit. While reducing the carbs, I increased my protein. This got me to my goal (I only had 2 more pounds to lose) within the week. Now to maintain, I have been looking into carb cycling, alternating low carb and high carb days. This is my first week so I will see how it goes.

Good luck to you.
  • Bella151
    Bella151 Posts: 123
    Options
    Thanks for all the advise everyone!
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I may have to look that up. I looked over the Atkins diet, but that was one of those full-fat plans I am not interested in doing. thanks for info!

The south beach is a great book! Even if you don't follow the plan the recipes are soooooo good!!! I recommend reading the book since it has TONS of good info. It also includes meal plans and like I said, some yummy recipes!!