best protein bar

Options
SO i've tried many protein bars... i find it hard to get all my protein as i'm vegetarian and find this to be a great way.. My favourite protein bar for taste is probably biox protein blast caramel fudge... or protein 32. what i wanna know is what is the best one for you.. the most amount of protein with the least amount of calories, sugar, sodium, fat, saturated fat.. transfat... carbs... what are you're guys's opinions/thoughts? I've tried pure protein bars but they're tiny and don't taste nearly as good as the protein blast..... sooo ya. lookin' for some other people's thoughts on this.

Replies

• Moonlitedi
    Moonlitedi Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Promax LS Low Sugar Energy Bar Peanut Butter Chocolate. MMmmmm

One bar
    220 calories
    Calories from fat 60
    18g protein
    250mg sodium
    Total fat 7g
    Saturated Fat 4g
    Trans fats 0mg
    Fiber 14g
    Sugar 9g
    Total carb 32
    Potassium 300mg
  • Griderrr
    Griderrr Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Iv been buying the Nature Valley protein bars with 10 G of protein. Wish they were just as cheap as the others they sell, but wally world n Target have the best prices.
  • twinmom2006
    Options
    I use the Isagenix "Isalean Bar".....A-MAZING!!!!! Really filling and don't have the protein aftertaste!
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars. Google it and love it.

Less than 200 cals for most. Around 6g net carb at most for any flavor.

Coconut Cashew is the best.
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the whey protein powder drink mixes are a better value cost-wise? Those protein bars seem a tad expensive to me. What does everyone think?
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the whey protein powder drink mixes are a better value cost-wise? Those protein bars seem a tad expensive to me. What does everyone think?

You should try to get as much of your nutrients from actual food. Real food > supplements.

That said, whey costs are going up in general, so they're not all that cheap. Protein bars are always expensive unless they're on sale. If you want to buy protein powder, look at the protein grams per scoop, check if it's concentrate or isolate (isolate is more 'pure', thus more expensive), check to see if the calories are decent (some pad stuff too much). Then divide the number of servings by the price.

Good protein powders will not be cheap though.