How much should a small person eat?

Options
So I know this topic has been posted numerous times, but nevertheless:

I'm under the impression that MFP greatly underestimates the number of calories you burn throughout the day. I'm 5'0" and 128 lb, and I would like to get to 118 lb. A whole bunch of online calorie calculators are saying I should be eating at least 2,000 to maintain my weight with the amount of exercise I do but, at the same time, the amount needed to sustain my goal weight is pretty much the same, which doesn't seem right. I really want to do this in a way that will make it easy to maintain the loss once I reach goal (and that means eating as I will be once I reach 118 lb). I know a lot of people have had success with eating more, but from the success stories I've seen, most of them have been a bit bigger than I am (the lowest weight at maintenance was my highest weight); so I was wondering if there's anyone out there who's around 120 lb-ish and willing to share their diet and exercise regime.

Cheers,
Katy

Replies

• fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    That sounds kinda high. my bmr is 2100 and im near 5 11 and 209 poundsish

do you use a hrm? i found most places doubled my actual burn.

gotta watch your not eating your loss away.
  • SkinnyRachel85
    SkinnyRachel85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5,5" and 119lbs. My BMR is 1730...

I don't believe it though as I eat around 1200 a day and have not had a loss in ages!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Depends how active you are. My TDEE is 2200 about and I'm 5'3 132lbs.

I'm losing around half a pound a week when I eat on average 1800-2000ish a week daily.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    That sounds kinda high. my bmr is 2100 and im near 5 11 and 209 poundsish

do you use a hrm? i found most places doubled my actual burn.

gotta watch your not eating your loss away.

Yeah, my BMR is supposedly around 1,300-1,400, but my TDEE is more like 2,000
    I don't use a HRM, but am definitely thinking about investing in one

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it :smile: