How do I work out calories burnt

(Or an estimate at the very least.)

Please bare in mind, this was a good work out for me and I am proud of what I did in the gym today. It's not a great workout in terms of times etc (for, like, a fit person!) but for me - heavy, very unfit again - it's good.

So. I did:

treadmill 1 min walk, 2% incline 3.3mph, 1 min jog 0% incline 5.5mph for 10minutes. The last 30seconds of the very last minute of jogging, I put it up to 6mph so I was doing the fat girl equivalent of sprinting.

Then I went on to the rower - 200metres, 30s rest between each 200m x 5. First row was 50.8 seconds, last was 48.4s. Each minute got slightly quicker each time. :) Very proud of that.

And then lastly I went on to the spin bike, did 1min sat (easy, little resistance) and then 1min stood, harder resistance, cycling forwards and then a minute cycling backwards on the same resistance and then back to 1 min sat, easy. I did 4 rounds of that.

What would be the way to work it out? IS there a way to do it? The spinner, I can't tell you what resistance it was, just that it was hard enough to feel it in my legs & keep me out of breath for the time I was doing it! Took me 2mins easy sat cycle for breathing to fully return to normal.

I was thinking maybe 250calories? Or so, but that seems horribly little for effort put in ;)

Replies

• I don´t know how much calories you have burnt but this is a good start. You will last longer the more often you go. Hopefully someone will come and give you a hint to how much you burnt. Good luck,
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    It would greatly benefit you to consider purchasing an HRM. Especially for workouts that get pretty random but also keep your heart-rate up.

I got fed up with the machines giving me random results each time.

I spent $71.00 for the Polar FT4 Watch/chest strap set (free shipping) from Amazon... and that has been a tremendous help for getting a better picture on my caloric burn, HR and I love how I can keep the data there and do comparisons!

Im not sure if you are covered by health insurance, but, mine allows reimbursement for an HRM because its considered contributing to my health (half my gym membership for the year is reimbursed by my health insurance as well)..

Its worth looking into it, right?