Hello! Dieting as a vegetarian! ?

Options
A lot of people wouldn't think this, but it is sooooooooo hard to lose weight when you don't eat meat!! Instead, I used to eat pasta, bread, and potatoes, but now I try to eat a lot of veggies, rice, beans, ect...
I've lost 23 pounds before starting this website, and I plan on losing about 15 more.

Anyone have any awesome recipes for me so I can mix it up a bit?!

Welcome vegetarians. :)

Replies

• christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am working my way up the vegan scale! I would definitely check out the group Happy Herbivores :) it's quite an active group, too! I eat as many vegetables and fruits as I can and try to limit the starchy foods.
  • cebollita8236
    Options
    Mmmm thanks, I'll look at the website! :)

It's so hard to eat fruits and veggies haha. :(
  • christynek
    Options
    Oh, I meant the group on here, you look at the top of the screen and under community there is groups, click on that and search happy herbivore! Oh It is very hard eating clean and I am pretty terrible about it, but hey, I'm trying?
  • christynek
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want! You can also check out the recipe board, people are very active on there as well.
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The classic vegetarian carb trap! Do you eat light cheese, egg whites, tofu, tempeh, gluten?
  • cebollita8236
    Options
    Oh, hahaa. I"m new at this. :P

And yeah, I will add you. :)

And I do eat soy products.. other than that I'm pretty terrible lol.
  • Oh_Cat
    Oh_Cat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fellow veggie here :)

I also struggle with carbs - my my top tip (if you eat them) is eggs! Making big filling omlettes with lots of low carb (green, leafy) vegetables, herbs or spices and some low fat cheese means you get a big old protein boost, feel fuller for longer etc.

Quorn products are also a great low fat, high protein choice if you can get them :)

Another thing I try to do is look to other food cultures for ideas - yummy south indian curries, mexican bean chillis etc - keeps things interesting... Quinoa is also good for a carby hit that's also full of protein.

Feel free to add me!

EDIT: Meant to say: great recipes here! http://ohsheglows.com/